Inspired by a restaurant-favorite, this tender and tangy chicken is marinated in flavors of margarita mix and lime, served atop a beautiful and colorful tex-mex salad.
Happy Sunday, Friends!
First, and in case you didn’t notice, it’s giveaway time again!! There’s a CANON DSLR Giveaway in this corner, $350.00 Giveaway in that corner, and now an iPad Air Giveaway right here, right now! Come awwwwn now! Who’s yo gurrrrrl??? <all pointing at me> <i hope>
Secondly. Can we pretend it’s Summer?
For realsies? I am over it. I tell you this every day, but it really is insanely cold out here. Coats and scarves aren’t enough. Besides, we’re like 4 days from Spring and they’re talking about more snow in the coming hours. World problems, I know.
So. We’re pretending it’s Summer with this Tex-Mex Margarita Chicken Salad. However, it all started with a trip to Chili’s.
Since we’re all in the circle of trust here, I feel comfortable telling you that once in a while, I don’t cook. Shocking, right? Feels good to get that off my chest.
Recently – because I didn’t cook – we went to Chili’s and I ordered some Margarita Chicken Salad thingamajig? Umm… love at first bite. LOVE! I wanted to bathe in it. I was smitten by a piece of chicken breast. So tender, so juicy, soooo delicious.
Thus, just a few days later, I got to work and made my own Margarita Chicken. Happy to report, I was smitten by my own, as well.
I let this baby marinade for hours on end. It slept in the fridge an entire night and half-a-day, swimming in a pool of a delicious Margarita Mix concoction. Now, you know that when something marinades for hours on end, it has to be good. Damn good! And this was no exception.
The only thing that I couldn’t do, but I wish I could have done, was grilled it on the grill that’s waiting for me on our porch. Instead, I used a grill pan and cooked it on the stove top. To my surprise, it was super juicy!
But for real, it’s all about the margarita mixture, and over the last few years I have determined that marinading chicken over night is truly key. Try my Garlic-Yogurt Baked Chicken and you’ll see – flavor explosion, if you will. Therefore, I hope you have a few hours to spare and make this amazingness soon. I know it’s sort of a pain to let things just marinade in the fridge for a few hours, but it’s so worth it and it’s SO GOOD! And don’t forget the salad!
Scroll down and ENTER the GIVEAWAY! GOOD LUCK!! xo
- 1/2 cup margarita mix
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 to 6 skinless , boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 head iceberg lettuce , chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels , cooked
- 1 can black beans , well rinsed
- 2 tomatoes , diced
- 1 red onion , diced
- 1 avocado , sliced
- tortilla strips or chips , optional
- Click here for my Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing (Optional)
- In a large freezer bag or Ziploc bag, combine margarita mix, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder; stir until well combined and add chicken.
- Close bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Coat grill pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from ziploc bag and discard sauce.
- Add chicken to grill pan and cook for 6 minutes; flip and continue to cook for an additional 5 to 8 minutes, or until done.
- In the meantime, prepare the salad.
- In a large salad bowl, layer chopped iceberg lettuce.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, and avocado slices.
- When chicken is done, slice into strips and add on top of salad.
- Toss with Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 7
Bakeaholic Mama • Cravings of a Lunatic • Diethood • Crazy for Crust • Crissy Page • Miss in the Kitchen • The Hopeless Housewife • Pineapple and Coconut • Eat Your Heart Out • Foodie with Family • Very Culinary • Mom On Timeout • Nutmeg Nanny • The Lemon Bowl • Rachel Cooks • Roxana’s Home Baking • The Baker Chick • Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts • Eats Well With Others
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy