A delicious copycat version of Catalina Dressing that is so much better than store-bought! It’s quick and easy to prepare using ingredients you already have on hand.
Full of flavor, light, and simple, this Copycat Catalina Salad Dressing recipe will be one that you’ll go back to again and again. It takes less than 5 minutes to make, and you know exactly what you are putting in it.
In fact, I have stopped buying salad dressings altogether, and continue to make almost all my salad dressings in my own kitchen. Checkit ⬇
One of my recent go-to meals is a Catalina Chicken and Broccoli recipe that we can’t get enough of. It’s something I came up with on a whim because I was out of Italian Salad Dressing to make my Italian Chicken and Vegetables in Foil.
Without any time to spare and hop on to Target, I prepared it with what I had, and that was my homemade version of Catalina Dressing.
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE CATALINA DRESSING:
- Vegetable Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CATALINA DRESSING:
- Combine vegetable oil, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and ketchup in a jar with a lid or a bottle with a cap; close the jar/bottle with a lid/cap and shake it up until well combined.
- Add sugar, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper; close it again and shake it until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate until needed. Keeps good for 7 to 10 days in the fridge.
See how simple and EASY and quick that was?! A lot quicker than making a trip to the store to buy one, that’s for sure!
Did I mention that it’s also super delicious? We love it!
Fun fact: My 5-year old daughter calls me Catalina… my name is Katerina. ☺
One more picture of the same bottle… just because.
MORE HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSINGS:
- Homemade Italian Salad Dressing
- Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Light and Creamy Avocado-Lime Salad Dressing
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
A delicious homemade version of Catalina Dressing that is so much better than store-bought, and it's quick and easy to prepare using ingredients you already have on hand.
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Reduced Sodium Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup No Salt Ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (you can also use dried minced onions)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Combine vegetable oil, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and ketchup in a jar with a lid or a bottle with a cap; close the jar/bottle with a lid/cap and shake it until well combined.
Add sugar, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper to the jar/bottle; close it again and shake it until everything is thoroughly combined.
Refrigerate until needed. Keeps good for 7 to 10 days in the fridge.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 1
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!