Creamy Avocado-Lime Salad Dressing – Tangy, smooth, lightened up Avocado Salad Dressing prepared with avocados, lime juice, and creamy yogurt.
Light and Creamy… it’s one way to fight back all that quarantine-candy-eating.
Hey, pal! How are you? Did you vote?? Who’d you vote for? KIDDING! …unless you wanna share. ;-))
As long as you voted, that’s what matters. Can’t cry if you didn’t vote, m’kay?
I really hope that you’re in the mood for something fresh and light. Casseroles and Chilis are still brewing, but if we want those skinny jeans to look good in our Summer bods, Avocados and Smoothies are beyond a must.
My morning routine always involves a healthy sipper, like this Mango Banana Smoothie, but my lunch is all about the salad and the Avo…that’s what the cool kidz call it diz dayz.
Anywho. Let’s just not talk about all the chocolate that comes in between those two meals…
Come on, now. We gotta LIVE a little!
Why Avocados are Healthy
…and since “living a little” (longer) means involving healthier options, your new bestie should be this beautiful Avocado fruit. Yes, it’s a fruit…there’s a pit in it which apparently is what makes it a fruit. 🤷♀️
In fact, this fruit provides many potential health benefits.
Avocados contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 different vitamins and minerals. They also contain more potassium than bananas! They’re loaded with fiber, as well, and loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Its creamy texture and rich taste is an added bonus!
You can add them to a number of recipes, including salads and salad dressings, or just scoop them out and EAT!
How To Make Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing
And speaking of eating… who wants to replace their bottled Ranch Dressing with my outrageously delicious, creamy, light and good for you Avocado and Lime Salad Dressing!?
You wouldn’t be mistaken. It’s so great and your heart will thank you.
And it’s super easy.
- Just combine plain yogurt, avocado, olive oil, lime juice, and some seasonings in a blender; blend until creamy.
- Then, serve as a salad dressing or a DIP. 🥑 ❤️
Light and Creamy Avocado-Lime Salad Dressing
- 4 cups non-fat plain yogurt
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
- If consistency is too thick, add more olive oil, a tablespoon at a time.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer to a jar; close with a lid and keep refrigerated for 10 days.
- Store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge. Dressing is good for up to 1 week to 10 days.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.