Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge – With a little cayenne pepper, chili powder and lots of cinnamon, this fudge is spicy, delicious, chocolaty and EASY!
Hola, amigos! Bienvenido! Como estas?
And that’s about the extent of my Spanish…
Translation per Google: Hi, friends! Welcome! How are you? 😉
However, and if it wasn’t evident enough, I’m really getting into Mexican cuisine here, eh? Yesterday we had Skillet Burritos and today we’re having Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge! I figured, since I was on a roll with those burritos, why not continue on and make my next favorite south-of-the-border recipe.
Though, as I mentioned yesterday, I’m not the biggest fan of Mexican food, I AM the biggest fan of Mexican desserts. I looooove their sweets; Churros, Tres Leches Cake, Caramel Flans, etc.. LOVE ‘EM ALL!
In fact, my last vacation in Puerto Vallarta involved Mexican sweets for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. I ate guacamole during Happy Hour, with a side of MargaritaS. Lots of ’em. I miss those days… drunk and happy. 😉
Ooooh, hello there, melty chocolate. If it wasn’t so wrong, I’d take a spoon and eat you. But, first, we gotta make some fudge. (Sidenote: Do you really think I let all that chocolate go into the fudge? Yah, right. I licked that bowl clean! …keepin’ it real…)
The highlight of this fudge is the hint of spice. It’s not a lot, but it’s there and it’s perfect. Also? The espresso. It simply just heightens the flavor of the chocolate, but if you want to avoid it, you can use vanilla extract in its place. No harm done. But it’s Monday – you might want to reconsider.
Yeah…these squares make me want to sit on the couch, drink wine and eat. All while watching my sweet children hug and play…
Don’t laugh… Dreams DO come true!
If you want to join me on thee couch with thy wine, make this chocolate fudge and call me!
- 1- pound semi-sweet chocolate , chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) Sweetened Condensed Milk (*NOT Evaporated Milk*)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brewed espresso or any other strong coffee
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Sea Salt , optional
- Lightly coat an 8x8-inch pan with baking spray; line with parchment paper and spray again. Set aside.
- Fill a saucepan with water, about 2-inches deep and bring to a simmer.
- In a mixing bowl, one that is larger than the saucepan, combine chopped chocolate, butter, condensed milk and coffee.
- Set mixing bowl over simmering water, making sure that the bowl does not touch the water.
- Stirring frequently, cook until chocolate is melted and completely smooth.
- Stir in cinnamon, chili powder and cayenne pepper.
- Remove from heat and pour into the previously prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and chill in the fridge for 4 hours. For best results, chill over night.
- Cut into squares and serve.
WW SmartPoints: 6
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy