A delicious recipe for Hot Fudge Sauce made with Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter.
Can you define self-control? Want me to tell you about it?? Of course I will!
Self-control is when you have a saucepan filled with a creamy and smooth Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce, staring you down, but you don’t dare touch it because you have to take a photo of the delicious mess you just made.
AND it’s not just one photo. Oh no. It’s like 116 photos, which can take up to 1 hour, or so. That’s self-control.
Staring at this chocolate hot fudge sauce for one hour before taking a lick! I did that. I really did. I always do. It’s SO hard! BUT, I have self-control. And discipline. YAY ME!
I joined the Chocolate Party again this month, and my lovely friend Roxana from Roxana’s Home Baking challenged me to a Chocolate-Peanut Butter concoction. Lucky us!! Isn’t that the best flavor combo, everrr?
I swear, I can’t believe I didn’t start eating peanut butter up until I was 20-some years old. Idiot. I missed out on all that choco-pb goodness for 20 years! I will never get back those years!!
I’m making up for it by spooning this amazing sauce on top of everything I find – ice cream, cake, bananas, apple slices… Asparagus, too. EW! Just kidding. That would be gross. I *think*.
Honestly? This fudge sauce is some serious business. Once you taste this, you will never, ever go back to store-bought stuff.
Also? I make mine with fat-free sweetened condensed milk to save a few calories. BUT, does it really make a difference when you eat half of it? In one sitting?? It’s like ordering a Big Mac with a diet Pepsi. Eh. My mind feels better knowing that I used fat-free-something.
You only need about 5 minutes to make this. 5 Minutes! Get the peanut butter out, and those chocolate chips, and get to work! Delicious things are about to happen!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER HOT FUDGE SAUCE
- 2/3- cup chocolate chips
- 2/3- cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2- cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4- cup boiling water
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and peanut butter.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted; about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir in 2-tablespoons of boiled water at a time to thin it out; stir in more water to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour over ice cream and serve.
- To Store
- Let cool completely.
- Store in a jar and refrigerate.