Crock Pot White Chicken Chili – Packed with all the Southwestern flavors that we love, this chili is beyond delicious, healthy, and chock full of chicken, corn, tomatoes, and beans. Beer, too. For good measure.
It’s time for cheelee! Ain’t that the way you say it? Chee-lee? Or is it Chill-Y?
By the way, HI!! How’s your week so far?? Things going your way? I hope so!!
If I did things according to my To-Do List, things would definitely be going MY way, but lately I’ve been ignoring lists and I do as I please until it dawns on me that I really should have done things according to said list(s).
As a result, I missed a work deadline, I drove my daughter to the wrong dance-cheerleading-class-building on the WRONG day, I went to the grocery store THREE times in two days because I didn’t bring my LIST, and I forgot to watch “The Voice”. On the upside, I watched a 4-hour “Three’s Company” marathon! AND didn’t hear a peep about Ebola…
Lesson learned. I’m going back to my crazy, OCD-self and spelling out all my To-Do things in an outline format, just as I used to do. Following every 1.2.3., every A.B.& C., crossing out all t’s and dotting all i’s.
Meanwhile, if you hadn’t noticed, I manufacture a million ways to ensure that I get to use my crock pot at least thrice a week. Not only does it help with my dinner-time sanity, but it also gives me delicious material to share with you!
Normally, white chili is made with just white beans, hence the name, buuuuuut, does it hurt if you add a can of red kidney beans? No, it does not. And you should. It adds depth, texture, and flavor. Win Win Win.
Also. This recipe is simple simple simple. Sooooo simple. It’s almost, like, throwing it all in the pot and walking away for hourz! Which is, um, exactly the way it is! No chicken browning, no onion sauteeing – it all goes in the crock pot at the same time. Come back a few hours later, shred thy chicken and dig in.
Super easy. Unassuming. And, of course, delicious!
Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
- 1 large yellow onion , chopped
- 1 can (15-ounces) low sodium Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 can (15-ounces) low sodium Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 cans (10-ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (15-ounces) sweet corn kernels
- 1/4- teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4- teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4- teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8- teaspoon paprika
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bottle (12-ounces) beer
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 avocado , diced, for garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese , for garnish
- sour cream , optional
- Place the chopped onions, beans, tomatoes, and corn in the crock pot.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth and beer.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Cover and cook for 3.5 to 4 hours ON HIGH, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Or cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken breasts from the pot and place on a cutting board; let cool for a few minutes.
- Shred chicken and stir it back into the pot; cover and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with avocado, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 3