Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is the most creamy and delicious chicken you will ever eat. Top it with melted cheddar and bacon for all the comfort food feels. You seriously won’t even believe you’re eating low-carb and Keto, too!
Easy Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I love my slow cooker!
I am here for the ease of throwing a few ingredients into it, setting it, and going about my day. I love coming home and being greeted by the aroma of whatever it is that I’ve had cooking in my slow cooker all day.
This slow cooker crack chicken has upped my game, though – when I didn’t even think it was possible! This slow cooker chicken is simply amazing and there’s just sooooo many ways to serve it.
It’s not only the creamiest, delicious chicken to eat, with the ease of making it in the slow cooker, it’s now also the most addictive chicken meal to make!
What is Crack Chicken?
So, basically, crack chicken is kind of a big craze going around right now. You’ll find “crack” recipes for pork, pot roast, pasta, and dips.
What all of these “crack” dishes have in common are 3 key ingredients:
- Ranch seasoning
- Cream cheese
That’s all, folks. That’s the secret, right there. Just those three simple, delicious ingredients will make any meal completely and utterly addictive.
So, for this to classify as “crack”, we really only need three things: ranch seasoning mix, cream cheese, and bacon. If you’re planning to make yourself some “crack” and you’ve already got those ingredients, the rest is so simple.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- low sodium chicken broth
- ranch seasoning mix
- chicken breasts
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- green onions
- fresh parsley
How to Make Crack Chicken in the Slow Cooker
1. Prep: Pour chicken broth into your slow cooker and stir in ranch seasoning mix.
Add chicken breasts to the slow cooker and stir around to coat the chicken.
2. Slow Cook: Cover with the lid and set on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Shred: When done, remove the lid and shred the chicken in the slow cooker using two forks. Use shredder claws, if you can – it’s MUCH easier.
4. Stir In: Stir in your cream cheese and 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese until completely melted and combined.
5. Top: Top your chicken with remaining cheddar cheese and chopped bacon.
6. Serve: Garnish with green onions and parsley.
What if I Don’t Have Ranch Seasoning Mix?
- If you don’t have ranch seasoning mix, have no fear! You can easily make your own right at home. All you have to do is combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon dried dill weed, ½ teaspoon dried chives, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Tadah, now you have your very own ranch seasoning mix. 👏
I love to serve shredded slow cooker crack chicken on a sandwich. Give it to me on a seeded and toasted bun ALL day and I’ll be happy.
Here are some other yummy ways to serve crack chicken:
- To top your favorite pasta (or zoodles)
- In a wrap or in lettuce cups
- Over rice or quinoa (or riced cauliflower)
- On top of a baked potato or mashed potatoes
- On top of a pizza (I’m thinking like a BBQ chicken pizza but instead Crack chicken pizza!) 😍
- Or simply eat it straight up as a dip with tortilla chips or veggies like you would with a Buffalo chicken dip.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- You want to make sure you cool your slow cooker crack chicken completely before storing. Then, keep it in an airtight container in your refrigerator for about 3 days.
- To reheat, simmer your crack chicken over medium-low heat until heated through. Add chicken broth, if needed to thin it out. Top with some fresh cheddar cheese and green onions.
Can I Freeze Crack Chicken?
- Absolutely! It actually freezes quite nicely. All you need to do is allow it to come to room temperature. Put it into an airtight, freezer safe container and put it in your freezer for up to 3 months. Don’t forget to label your container so you’re sure of when to use it by.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Tools Used In This Recipe
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 block (8-ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature, cut up into 4 pieces for easier melting
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked to a crisp and chopped
- chopped green onions, for serving
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Pour chicken broth into slow cooker and stir in ranch seasoning mix.
- Add chicken breasts to the slow cooker and stir around to coat chicken.
- Cover with lid and set on LOW for 5 hours, or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
- When done, remove lid and shred chicken inside the slow cooker using two forks.
- Stir in cream cheese and 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese; stir until completely melted and combined.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese; cover with the lid and let the cheese melt.
- Remove lid and sprinkle chopped bacon on top.
- Garnish with green onions and parsley.
- Serve in sandwiches, wraps, burgers, and/or lettuce cups.
- You can make your own ranch seasoning mix by combining ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon dried dill weed, ½ teaspoon dried chives, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 13
- Reduce points down to 3 by using fat free cream cheese, fat free shredded cheddar, and turkey bacon
NET CARBS: 4 g
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.