Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza – Crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside pizza crust topped with cheeses, barbecue sauce, and chicken!
It’s barbecue Chicken Pizza, but GRILLED! Like, baked on the grill… it’s SO GOOD!
Hey, YOU! Happy mid-week!
Anyone else aware that tomorrow is a BIG DAY? Actually, in this house, it’s HUGE! It’s the day that our bottom floor becomes a man cave because tomorrow is the start of the 2014 World Cup. WELP!!
By the wayz, THAT would be the soccer version of NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl thingamajig. However, it only takes place every 4 years. I could also be dead wrong in my comparison, so that’s that. Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez seem to know what’s up…
The World Cup, also known as my husband’s mistress for the next 4 weeks, is going to demand LOTS of game-day food. Think mass amounts of Pizza, Avocado Feta Salsa, and gallons of Mojitos. For me, of course. I dunno what the man cave occupants are going to be eating… someone did mention a few Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizzas, but we’ll see.
I also know that I will be watching the Cup only to see Brazil’s finest-everything and David Beckham… Is he even playing?!
Soooo, not sure what to have for dinner tonight? Just mix that leftover chicken with bbq sauce and plop it on top of pizza crust. Then grill it! It will turn that frown upside down!
Good and comforting. Seriously.
I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this bbq chicken pizza. I am a huge believer that most chicken and red onion combos are one, healthy, and two, they can solve world problems… Pizza sure can!
This pizza is embarrassingly easy to put together, especially if you’re using refrigerated pizza dough. AND if you have some leftover chicken. And bbq sauce.
HOW TO GRILL PIZZA
- The first thing we’re going to do is prepare our pizza dough. I like to use this Yeast Free Pizza Dough, but you can also use store-bought.
- When ready, we are going to cook the dough on the grill for about 3 minutes.
- Remove pizza dough from grill, layer all of our previously prepared ingredients on top, and transfer the pizza back onto the grill for about 4 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
Because I cook/bake all the time, you can imagine that by the end of the week, I have enough leftovers to put together a dinner party for 8. Sometimes, though, I throw those leftovers on top of pizza dough and it only takes 2-1/2 of us to inhale it. Ana is the only one that refuses to eat leftovers. She won’t dare touch something that sat in the fridge for over 2 hours. Brat. 🙂
It doesn’t look very pretty, but ugly food is ALWAYS delicious!
And, for the time being, this is my new favorite pizza. I’m sure I’ll change my mind in the next week or two when I discover my new favorite-something, but for now, this is IT! I can’t stop eating this bbq chicken deliciousness. Best.problem.ever!
Crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside pizza crust topped with cheeses, barbecue sauce, and chicken!
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough or your favorite homemade pizza dough (you can also use individual uncooked pizza crusts)
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce , divided
- 4 grilled chicken breast halves , cubed
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley , for garnish
- grated parmesan cheese , for garnish
- Preheat outdoor grill to 450 - it needs to be hot.
- When the grill is hot enough, lightly brush grates with olive oil.
- Prepare the dough; it should be stretched or rolled out into a thin circle.
- Brush dough with olive oil.
- Slide the pizza dough. olive-oil-side-down, onto the grill grates over direct heat.
- Close lid and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the dough is browned underneath. If it’s not browned, give it another minute.
- In the meantime, prepare the chicken.
- Combine chicken pieces and 1/4 cup bbq sauce in a mixing bowl; mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Remove pizza crust from grill and let stand 2 minutes.
- Turn the pizza crust over, browned-side up.
- Spread the cream cheese over the entire pizza crust.
- Spread remaining bbq sauce over cream cheese.
- Top with previously prepared chicken, sliced red onions, and shredded cheese.
- Slide the pizza back on the grill.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high, and close the lid.
- Grill for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Pull the pizza off the grill onto a cutting board and let it rest for a minute.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and parsley. (optional)
- Cut and Serve.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 12