Homemade Honey Barbecue Sauce – Quick and easy recipe for homemade barbecue sauce!
Hi Hi, again! Great to see you! I’m just popping in really quick to share this Homemade Honey Barbecue Sauce recipe with you, just in time for our Crock Pot Pineapple Barbecue Sauce Pork Chops Recipe.
HOMEMADE BARBECUE SAUCE
I have one thing to say, though: STOP buying Barbecue Sauce. Just stop. Too much sugar, too much sodium, too much “X” words in the ingredients that we can’t pronounce… it’s just overboard.
You don’t need all that and it is much better when you can make your own, especially when it is this easy.
INGREDIENTS FOR HONEY BARBECUE SAUCE
Also, you should know that this is not about some fancy ingredients. All this involves is some ketchup, a bit of honey, apple cider vinegar, and a perfect dose of worcestershire sauce. All together cooked down to a perfect thickness and slathered over your favorite chops. Or chicken.
MORE HOMEMADE SAUCE RECIPES
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 cups ketchup (I use organic Ketchup, it's also low in sodium and sugar)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and set over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil while frequently whisking and stirring together the ingredients.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for about 45 minutes, or until until mixture is thickened to a desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container or a jar and keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE: