Grilled Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables in Foil – Tender, flavorful chicken covered in sweet barbecue sauce and cooked on the grill inside foil packs with zucchini, bell peppers and asparagus.
Easy Grilled Chicken smothered with bbq sauce and topped with veggies is the ultimate summer food!! Each little packet is complete with tender, juicy and delicious meat and veggies.
Why, yes, I seriously AM showing you how to drench chicken in barbecue sauce, stick it in a foil-pack and grill it! It all started with FFWD…
Besides, if it wasn’t for foil-pack dinners, we wouldn’t survive. Okay, kidding! But still. It’s a good story.
SO! Hiiii, you guyyyyys! How are you? All is well? GOOD!
In this corner over here it’s a little past midnight, I’m chomping on Wheat Thins – reduced fat – and talking to you!
Why am I up this late, working?
Beeeecause… I went for a run on the treadmill at 10 pm and now I am friggin’ wired! I can’t fall asleep. I can’t even sit still. I could literally go for a Tarjay-run right this minute, if only Tarjay was open this late.
I’m also starving, and looking at this delicious grilled barbecue chicken is not helping. I could eat a horse. I won’t. But I could.
I occasionally pride myself on being able to throw together somewhat creative and delicious meals including chicken – which is something that someone must do when their only reason for not going vegetarian IS grilled chicken – and adding things like tons of sweet-with-heat barbecue sauce is something I could inhale day after day.
Come to think of it, we can never get enough of this. You just can’t stop taking, bite after bite… By the end of they day?!? Only crumbs remain. Seriously awesome chicken… seriously.
I’m a very fun girl, I promise.
Okay so, the chicken and veggies are really incredible. I enjoy this more than the Italian Chicken I made for you last year. This is packed with enough flavor that I’d MAYBE consider eating it without the barbecue sauce. I’m lying.
The real winner here IS the barbecue sauce! AND I want to slather it on everything humanly possible.
P.S. Use YOUR favorite barbecue sauce, m’kay? Cool.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh new content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE GRILLED BARBECUE CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES IN FOIL
- 8 aluminum foil sheets large enough to wrap around one chicken breast
- 4 (4-ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2- cup barbecue sauce (use your favorite)
- 1 zucchini , sliced into thin rounds
- 1 red , green or yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 asparagus spears
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- For each foil pack, prepare two sheets of aluminum foil; place the sheets one on top of the other for durability.
- Place one chicken breast on each stacked pair of foil sheets; season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Brush each chicken breast with 1 to 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Divide equally and arrange vegetables around each chicken breast; season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle chicken and vegetables with little olive oil.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Transfer foil packets to the preheated grill rack and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done, turning once.
- Chicken is done when thermometer reads 165 F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare chicken as directed above.
- Seal the packets closed and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from oven and carefully open up the foils; put the packets under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from broiler.
- Brush with more barbecue sauce. (optional)
WW SmartPoints: 10