Flavor-loaded potatoes and bacon cooked inside foil packs, then topped with melty cheese and green onions. A delicious and easy twist on the classic loaded potatoes!
EASY & CHEESY POTATOES WITH BACON
Cheesy Bacon Potato Foil Packets deliver tons of flavor and texture, and everyone loves them! This is certainly the easiest AND mess-free way to serve loaded potatoes to your friends and family.
If you’re not a fan of bacon and cheese over potatoes (HA?!), grab my recipe for Garlic Herb Grilled Potatoes in Foil.
For those that haven’t noticed, yet, I have been obsessed with foil packet recipes ever since I learned about foil packet recipes. They’re quick, they’re easy, and there’s pretty much zero clean-up.
These Cheesy Bacon Potatoes feature all the classic fixins’ like cheese, bacon, and green onions all layered over delicious small potatoes.
The potato-foils can be grilled for those summertime cookouts and camping dinners, or baked in the oven, year-round.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY BACON POTATO FOIL PACKETS
- Preheat your grills to medium-high OR preheat your oven to 425F.
- Start by cutting up the potatoes into cubes, then toss them in melted butter with pieces of bacon and delicious seasonings.
- Wrap it all up in foil packets and bake or grill for 25-ish minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, put back on the grill until cheese is melted, and serve.
The potatoes are delicious just as-is, but if you want, you can also serve them with a drizzle of hot sauce and a dollop of sour cream.
MORE FOIL PACK RECIPES
- Garlic Herb Steak and Potato Foil Packs
- Shrimp Foil Packets with Broccoli and Rice
- Italian Chicken and Vegetables In Foil
- Maple Mustard Salmon in Foil
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Cheesy Bacon Potato Foil Packets
- 2 pounds mini Yukon gold potatoes OR small red potatoes rinsed, dried, and quartered
- 4 strips low-sodium uncooked bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat GRILL to medium-high OR preheat OVEN to 425F.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, bacon, butter, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper; mix until well combined.
- Divide up the potato mixture between four 12x12 inch pieces of foil.
- Wrap foil tightly around potatoes and pierce foils in three different spots with a fork.
- Transfer to grill and cook over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes OR bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Pierce with a fork to check for doneness.
- Carefully open up each packet and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place back on the grill or in the oven for a couple more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions and parsley.
- Optionally, you can serve them with a drizzle of hot sauce and a dollop of sour cream.