Shrimp Foil Packets with Broccoli and Rice – These foil packets are loaded with shrimp, broccoli and rice tossed in a delicious Asian inspired sauce, and they make for a quick, easy dinner packed with flavor!
Delicious shrimp in foil packets make for a healthy, nourishing dinner with amazing flavors.
Return of the foil packets, part 58. If you haven’t figured it out by now, the way to my heart is through a foil packet dinner.
Thank you, Reynolds®, for sponsoring this post! All opinions are always 100% my own.
Heeeey Ya! How are things? Still shopping!? I’m tired just thinking about it.
For that reason, and that reason only, today I am coming at ya with a really real easy dinner recipe because, I am purrrty shore that you are most likely losing your mind while trying to get those last minute Christmas gifts. AND wrapping them up! AND trying to hide them because, Santa.
All good. I get it.
You guys, I truly do adore shrimp foil dinners with an Asian flair. It’s like, how does anyone even eat shrimp that hasn’t been soaked in soy sauce?! And some worcestershire? With a pinch(es) of pepper flakes, and all that jazz? Wrapped up in Reynolds® Aluminum Foil?
And even more than just that. Rice tucked underneath the shrimp, broccoli right beside it? This is how we DO IT!
I have used Reynolds® Aluminum Foil before many-a-times. It’s the perfect tool for mess-free cooking. And just for total and complete disclosure, I AM a Reynolds Ambassador because I am a SUPER HUGE fan of Reynolds-all-the-things! Parchment Paper, Slow Cooker Liners, Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil… you name it, I have it and love it.
Just to remind you, these Shrimp Foil Packets are FABulous and really easy to make.
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP IN FOIL PACKETS
The trick to these shrimp foil packets is quite simple: gather all your ingredients before starting. In fact, that’s what you should always do – all ingredients should be in front of you before turnin’ up the heat!
- When ready to begin, I’ll have you soak some 5-minute-rice in lukewarm water, and then you’ll arrange the rice (sans water) over each foil packet.
- Next, you will want to arrange the broccoli alongside the rice, with the shrimp right next to it.
- We are going to finish this off with a pour of that lovely sauce over everything, and wrap it all up for a quick roast in the oven.
Literally, 20-ish minutes later, you will be ready to take a fork to this deliciousness and wonder why you didn’t make more than one foil packet for yourself.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Shrimp Foil Packets with Broccoli and Rice
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce or Bragg's Liquid Aminos - has less sodium
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups instant rice or instant brown rice
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 4 Reynolds® Aluminum Foil Sheets
- 1 pound large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 16 broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare the sauce by combining soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, honey, lime juice, garlic, and pepper flakes in a mixing bowl; stir to combine and set aside.
- Place instant rice and water in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Cut out four 12-inch aluminum foil sheets.
- Lay out the foil sheets and divide the rice mixture evenly over each foil, squeezing the water out as much as possible.
- Arrange shrimp and broccoli over the rice.
- Pour the marinade over the food in each foil packet.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the fish, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Transfer foils to a jelly roll pan or large baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and broccoli tender.
- Remove from oven and carefully open up each packet.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.