This recipe for Maple Mustard Salmon Baked in Foil makes sweet and tangy salmon coated with a maple-mustard sauce. Perfectly tender, flaky salmon that’s an easy weeknight dinner idea!
AN EASY RECIPE FOR SALMON BAKED IN FOIL
Give me anything baked in tin foil or parchment paper, and I am totally A-OK!
Hi ya!! Wassup?? How are we all doin’? It’s the first week of absolutely NO school, and while I’m completely lovin’ this no alarm clock wake up call, the screaming little girls at 6 a.m. wake up call is waaaaay worse! You guuuuys, omg! WHO KNEW!
And WHY are they up that early?! What have they got to do that early in the day except for spinning their fidget spinners and asking me for evvvvery breakfast item known to (wo)man and end up eating a bowl of cereal, instead. Yes, while the hot homemade pancakes are sitting next to them!!
I’m learning, I’m learning…
BUT, for the reason that I’m completely spent by 5 pm, dinners are made in foil or parchment paper because I am sooooo over and done. Cleaning up is a breeze and everyone, including me, is satisfied.
Look at that golden flaky maple mustard salmon deal up there? How could I NOT be satisfied?
Mustard and Maple Syrup sitting in a tree, discussing how to make it to my tumm-Y!
HOW TO MAKE SALMON BAKED IN FOIL
Following the same method as I did here in my One Pan Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes (YUM!), the sauce is prepared with a couple of mustards + maple syrup that result in one suhweeeet mess!
I, then, pour it over a beautiful and fresh whole salmon fillet, seal it up, and pop it in the oven. Seriously, this takes all of 3 minutes.
To add a crispier texture, I also like to put this Maple Mustard Salmon under the broiler for a few minutes after it’s done cooking. IT makes a delicious difference.
Before you know it, dinner is done!
In the meantime, I’d suggest making some green beans – try my Roasted Green Beans, pleeeease! – and a nice helping of brown rice. You won’t believe how good all this goes together! AND it’s healthy!
Get on this AY-SAP!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Maple Mustard Salmon in Foil
- large piece of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil
- 2 pounds fresh salmon fillet with skin
- 1/3 cup brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil.
- Set the salmon fillet over the foil and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine mustards and maple syrup; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the maple mustard mixture over the salmon and using a pastry brush spread the sauce evenly over the salmon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the sauce does not leak out.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the salmon.
- Remove from oven and carefully open up the packet.
- Put it under the broiler for 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven; garnish with parsley and serve immediately.