This Easy Roasted Green Beans recipe makes tender-crisp roasted green beans served with parmesan cheese! A simple and delicious side dish idea that’s low carb and Keto-friendly. A perfect addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
AN EASY ROASTED GREEN BEANS RECIPE
Roasted Green Beans are the easiest and most delicious healthy side dish that can be served with just about any meal. Roasted with just some olive oil, garlic, and simple dried herbs, they are the perfect side dish to serve with roast chicken and mashed sweet potatoes. PASTA, too.
Friends, Green Beans used to sit super high on my “HELL to the NO” list. You can look around this site and you will find very few recipes with green beans.
However, and this may not work for everyone, but I find that once I figure out a different way to prepare some of these no-way-foods, I start to warm up to them. My feeling goes from ewwwww to ooooooh!
It’s how I learned to eat Brussels sprouts. This Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is one of the best side dishes, ever.
HOW TO ROAST GREEN BEANS
There’s really hardly any work involved here;
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Trim the green beans. I cut off the end that was attached to the bean stalk.
- Arrange fresh green beans on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried herbs. Mix around to combine.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
- And finally, serve with freshly grated parmesan.
This quick and healthy recipe for Roasted Green Beans is great for any gatherings, from holidays to weeknight meals. Crisp, fresh, and bursting with loads of flavor, they are one of the simplest sides you will ever make.
You are only some salt and pepper away from making this vegetable your favorite one, yet. Top with a bit of shaved parmesan cheese and you have found a new LOVE!
HOW DO YOU STORE COOKED GREEN BEANS?
Store cooked and completely cooled green beans in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
MORE GREEN BEANS RECIPES TO TRY
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Green Bean Casserole
- Lemon Butter Green Beans
- Green Beans and Tomatoes Recipe
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
This Easy Roasted Green Beans recipe makes tender-crisp roasted green beans served with parmesan cheese! A simple and delicious side dish idea that's low carb and Keto-friendly. A perfect addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, or to taste
- fresh gated parmesan cheese, optional
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Line jelly roll pan with parchment paper or foil.
Arrange green beans on prepared pan and drizzle with olive oil.
Season with Italian Seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and pepper; toss to coat evenly.
Spread green beans in one single layer.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until tender, stirring halfway through for even cooking.
Remove from heat.
Top with grated parmesan cheese.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 1 (These points do not include parmesan cheese)
NET CARBS: 6 grams
* Originally posted on April 28th, 2013. Updated on October 8th, 2019.