Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Glazed Ham – Perfect for entertaining, this ultimate Holiday Slow Cooked Ham is deliciously sweet, tender, and incredibly juicy!
HONEY GLAZED HAM
Coated in a sweet honey, brown sugar, and mustard glaze, then cooked until golden brown and caramelized, this beautiful spiral cut Ham will be the perfect centerpiece for your Holiday entertaining.
I’ve had every intention to bake a ham for two years now, but other things always distracted me from doing it. For one, my Mom makes a darn good Ham. For two, Chocolate Fudge is always my duty. 🙌
However, recently I was given this beautiful cookbook written by the Six Sisters from Six Sisters’ Stuff, and that resulted in this Slow Cooker Honey-Mustard Glazed Ham situation. I guess I was just waiting for the perfect ham recipe and I got it. #thissixsistersstuffisgood
When I turned the page to the sister’s Slow-Cooker Ham with Honey Mustard Glaze, I immediately called my other half and asked him to pick up some ham. The guy was puzzled – it was only October after all, but he knows how we do. Some of us food bloggers cook Christmas Dinner in August. It’s part of our job description.
Now, I do love a good ham, but had not tried one that was cooked in the crock pot. I always had my Mom’s and hers is really good, but so is this one! Slow-cooked, juicy, sweet, crunchy – this is a most lovely Holiday meal.
Most importantly, you have a free oven! Use it for, oh, I don’t know… a turkey, perhaps?
HOW TO MAKE A HONEY MUSTARD GLAZE FOR HAM
A glaze for ham is always best if it’s sweeter than sweet. 😋 The sweetness from the glaze cuts through the saltiness in the ham and we end up with a simply amazing ham recipe.
- This simple honey glaze is prepared with butter, brown sugar, honey, mustard, apple juice, and a pinch of salt. You want to heat that up for about 5 minutes, and whisk it until everything is completely incorporated. Remove from heat and let stand 3 minutes.
HOW TO COOK GLAZED HAM IN THE SLOW COOKER
- While the glaze cools for a bit, unwrap the pre-cooked spiral cut ham and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray the insert of the slow cooker with cooking spray and place in the ham.
- Pour 3/4 of the prepared glaze all over the ham. Grab a pastry brush and continue to brush the glaze in between the ham slices and all around the ham.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on LOW. Baste with the juices every hour.
- For the final step, remove insert from the slow cooker, brush the rest of the glaze over the ham and bake in the oven for 15 more minutes, or until edges are crispy and caramelized.
CAN I COOK HAM IN THE OVEN?
- Cover ham with aluminum foil and bake for 2-1/2 hours in a 325˚F degree oven. Adjust cooking time for a larger ham; rule of thumb is to cook ham for 20 minutes per 1 pound.
- Remove foil; turn up the heat to 400˚F and continue to bake for 15 more minutes, or until browned on top.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HAM
LEFTOVER HAM RECIPES
The best part of Holiday ham is all the leftovers! Amiright?!
- Ham and Sweet Potato Soup
- Ham and Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Pesto Ham and Cheese Rollups
- Chef Salad
12 Days of Christmas With Six Sisters’ Stuff is the perfect companion for your Holiday planning and for all those delicious Holiday recipe ideas. I was mostly impressed with how the Sisters were able to incorporate the real meaning of the Holidays. Sharing traditions and thoughtful handmade gifts, the book is inspiring and would be a wonderful Christmas gift for anyone on your list.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
- 7 pounds (and up to 10 pounds) fully cooked, bone-in spiral sliced Ham
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, honey, mustard, apple juice, and pinch of salt; whisk and cook over medium high heat until well incorporated. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside for a couple minutes.
- Lightly grease slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Pat dry ham with paper towels and transfer ham to slow cooker; set aside.
- Pour 3/4 of the glaze over the ham. Using a pastry brush, just brush it all around and in between the slices.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 HOURS.
- If the ham is too large and can't close it with the lid, use aluminum foil to make a tent over the ham. Then, cover with a kitchen towel and cook.
- Baste ham with juices every hour.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- When time is up, remove insert of slow cooker, keeping the ham inside the insert; brush remaining glaze all around - if the glaze has thickened or hardened , heat it up before adding it to the ham.
- Bake ham in the oven, uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes, or until top has caramelized and browned.
- Remove ham from oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Spoon juices over the ham.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
*Recipe originally published on November 19, 2014. Updated recipe and post on December 1st, 2019.