Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe – You are only 6 ingredients away from making your favorite dipping sauce right at home!
ONE of my favorite things today: Honey Mustard Sauce! Delicious and simple, smooth and creamy dipping sauce that also serves as a salad dressing!
I could eat my screen.
Hello hello, friends! It’s Monday and I’m really in a chocolate cake type of mood, and since I also have a full day of work + back-to-school shopping + soccer practice, I think that’s more than a good enough reason to tackle both, chocolate AND cake.
But first, Honey Mustard and all the things that you can dip IN IT.
Look at this dreamy and creamy little sauce! How can we survive one more moment just looking at it on our screen? It needs to appear in our hands, STAT.
Lemme ask you a question, though. Do you ever ask your waiter about how your food was prepared and what ingredients were used? I do that. A LOT. I think I embarrass my friends and husband, but do I care? nope. I’m a food blogger – they should accept me for who I am, gosh darn it!
A while back, like years and years, I was at a Baker’s Square restaurant (are those still around?!) and ordered my usual chicken fingers with honey mustard. This particular time, though, the honey mustard sauce tasted even better than ever before. All I wanted to do was drink up the sauce.
When the waiter came back, I had to ask – how do you make this?!? He went back to the kitchen and returned with a piece of paper that said “secret recipe, BUT here’s my own…”
INGREDIENTS FOR HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- Yellow Mustard
- Dijon Mustard
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
The chef couldn’t give me the restaurant’s recipe, but gave me his own, which was just as good!
I have been making it almost exactly as his recipe with very few tweaks for the past 10 years and we totally love it. It’s wildly delicious.
- I like to change this up sometimes and add yogurt instead of mayonnaise when I want to use it as a salad dressing.
- Also, for a healthier spin, I have used Hellmann’s Cholesterol-Free and Egg-Free Sandwich Spread in place of the mayonnaise.
- I especially like to make this when we have company because you can serve it with anything from chicken nuggets to pretzel bites, to raw veggies. Sweet and tangy, this homemade take on a classic appeals to both, kids and adults.
Now all I want to do is make one massive bowl of Honey Mustard Sauce with a side of chicken fingers. Some chicken nuggets, too. Some carrots! Zucchini! Some asparagus?!?
Okay I’ll stop.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 1/4- cup fat free mayonnaise*
- 1/4- cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4- cup honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper , to taste (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except salt and black pepper, in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Keep refrigerated.**
* I like to change it up sometimes and add yogurt instead of mayonnaise when I want to use it as a salad dressing. Also, for a healthier spin, I have used Hellmann's Cholesterol-Free and Egg-Free Sandwich Spread in place of the mayonnaise.
**Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
WW Smart Points: 3
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy