These Air Fryer Chipotle Lime Zucchini Crisps are a crave-worthy snack the whole family will love! Spiced with chipotle and fresh lime zest, rounds of fresh zucchini are air-fried to crispy perfection.
Easy Air Fryer Chipotle Lime Zucchini Chips
If you’re in the mood for a crispy, savory treat, say hello to these deliciously flavorful zucchini crisps! Zingy with fresh lime zest and spiced up with chipotle, you’ll be sure to come back for seconds!
And since they’re made fresh from real zucchini, with very little oil thanks to the air fryer, they’re actually pretty healthy! Feel free to make a double batch, and enjoy.
Why Use the Air Fryer?
Air-frying is probably the easiest, most reliable way to create crispy snacks at home! So naturally, I like to use the air fryer for these zucchini chips. The powerful convection heat swirls around the food, sizzling it up to crunchy perfection. And you only need a tiny bit of oil!
Overall, I find that air frying is a lot less hassle and mess (and far fewer calories) than traditional frying. For me, that’s a win-win!
What You’ll Need
The ingredients for this dish are super easy to keep on hand, so it’s a breeze to whip up this awesome little appetizer! Let’s get to it!
- Zucchini: For one recipe, you’ll need two medium zucchini. We’re going to use a mandoline to slice them really thin, but you can do that by hand if you’d prefer.
- Cooking Spray: I like one-ingredient cooking sprays made of pure olive oil, coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- Lime Zest: Use a small grater and a fresh lime to make 1 teaspoon of finely grated lime zest.
- Spices: To spice things up, use ¼-½ teaspoon of chipotle powder, chili powder or smoked paprika.
- Garlic Salt & Pepper: For this recipe, I used ½ teaspoon of garlic salt ¼ teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
How To Make Air Fryer Zucchini Crisps
Using an Air Fryer to make these crisps is as easy as can be! I love how air frying creates the perfect crispy texture, with no need for heating up lots of messy oil.
- Prep Air Fryer & Zucchini: Preheat the air fryer to 350˚F. Using a mandoline or vegetable slicer, slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices or thinner. Place the rounds in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt and let sit 5 minutes to draw out the moisture. Using paper towels, pat dry the zucchini.
- Season Zucchini: Lightly spray the zucchini with cooking oil; then, season with lime zest, chipotle powder (or other spice), garlic salt, and black pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Air Fry in Batches: Place one single layer of zucchini slices into the air fryer basket. Cook for 5 minutes. Take out the basket and flip the zucchini over; continue to cook for 4 more minutes. Remove them from the basket and allow them to cool while you cook the next batch.
- Enjoy! Serve as is, or with your favorite dipping sauce; honey mustard, ranch, bleu cheese, salsa, etc!
Tips for Success
Want to make sure you get the best flavor and texture out of these yummy air fryer zucchini crisps? Read on for some helpful tips and tricks!
- Slice it Right: Slicing thinly and evenly ensures that this appetizer gets nice and crispy. You can do this by hand if necessary, but be sure to take your time and use a sharp knife.
- Salt: During prep, make sure to salt the zucchini slices to draw out the moisture.
- Squash is an Option: if you’d like, you can substitute tender yellow summer squash for the zucchini. They have almost exactly the same taste and texture!
- Change it Up: These chips are great with a lot of different seasonings besides chili and lime! Rosemary and black pepper, parmesan and chive, and homemade ranch seasoning are just a few tasty alternatives!
You can enjoy zucchini crisps on their own, with a dip, or as part of a delicious meal. Here are some entrees that pair well with our tasty crisps!
- Shrimp: You have to try these Grilled Shrimp Skewers! They’re a real treat for a weeknight dinner, and they go perfectly with crispy air fryer zucchini chips.
- Mac n Cheese: Everyone’s happy when Keto Mac and Cheese is on the menu! And when you’ve got a crunchy air-fried side like these crisps, it feels as indulgent as fast food, but with none of the guilt.
- Pork Chops: My Easy Honey Garlic Baked Pork Chops are a mouthwatering meal. You’re going to love them!
How to Store
- Air fryer zucchini crisps don’t keep for very long! If you must store leftovers, I recommend refrigerating them in airtight containers and giving them a brief bake, or re-frying, to reheat.
- If refrigerated, they will keep for up to 2 days.
Air Fryer Chipotle Lime Zucchini Crisps
- Air Fryer
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350˚F.
- Using a mandoline or vegetable slicer, slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices, or a bit thinner.
- Place zucchini rounds in a bowl and sprinkle with kosher salt; toss and let sit for 5 minutes to draw out moisture.Using paper towels, pat dry the zucchini.
- Very lightly, spray zucchini with cooking oil and season with lime zest, chipotle powder, garlic salt, and black pepper; toss well to combine.
- Place zucchini slices in Air Fryer basket in one single layer. You will have to cook the zucchini in batches.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Take out the basket and flip over the zucchini; continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Remove zucchini from Air Fryer basket and allow to cool for several minutes.
- Serve as is, or with your favorite dipping sauce; honey mustard, ranch, bleu cheese, tomato salsa, etc…
- NET CARBS: 2 g
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
There are so many addicting dishes to make in your air fryer! Be sure to check out these ones next.