Thank you, STAR FINE FOODS, for sponsoring this post! All opinions are always 100% my own.
Garlic Pasta with Ketchup and Feta – Easy, 30-minute garlic pasta served with ketchup and crumbled feta cheese.
Ketchup?! IN PASTA? WTH?!? I know, I know.
WAIT! DON’T RUN! I swear, this is VERY gooooood! I GREW UP ON IT! Please don’t go!
But, first and foremost, HI HI! Happy Sunday! How are you?! How was your 4th? I am still hearing fireworks. My ears are ringing, my head is, too, but mah belly is full and happy! Me like grilled food, a lot!
Also, Kelly Clarkson’s Heartbeat Song is still playing. And it’s on repeat for forever. ♥
Second? Ketchup and feta cheese over spaghetti is one of my favorite childhood meals! THIS is what we call, Macedonian-style spaghetti.
Growing up, my mom and grandma used to make pasta from scratch, without the KitchenAid attachments and the fancy drying machines.
The process seemed forever long, and I remember the noodles drying on clothes hangers, or over wire racks, even over the backs of chairs. My mom or grandma would cut them in every width and length, depending on what recipe the noodles were meant to be used for, but pasta with ketchup was definitely a favorite.
Yet, unlike them, I just reach for the box in the pasta aisle and have din din ready in 30 minutes or less. And my ketchup is store bought, too. The feta, as well.
Oh my gosh. You know what? They even made their own feta cheese! Damn! I just realized, those two made everything from scratch!
Clearly, that new disease? Lazyitis? It’s real, and it found me. Or is it Facebookitis? Pinterestitis? Instagramitis… Girrrl, I got ’em all!
Regardless, we’re not making pasta from scratch, but I do hope that you will reach for the whole grain pasta – less guilt, ya know?
And my favorite Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil by STAR. Nothing better, I promise.
Also, organic ketchup is great! I buy mine at Aldi and it is faaantastic! Less sugar and a whole lot more taste. I can eat it on its own. Well, with fries, but let’s pretend.
One more thing that I want to add – Feta Cheese. REAL Feta is made with sheep’s milk, so please try to find that, too. Tastes way way way better, it’s authentic, and the texture is amazing. Just incredible, really. Macedonian Feta is an excellent choice. Just sayin’. 😀
Now that I’ve given you a grocery list, I can only hope that you will go and get all the needed ingredients to make your new favorite meal!
AND thanks for not running away! 😉
STAR Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available at retailers nationwide including Safeway, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Food 4 Less, Save Mart, Target, Walmart, Schnucks, Food Lion, Stater Bros., Raley’s, Smart & Final, Bashas, King Soopers, Vallarta, Jewel, Smith’s, Dierbergs, HEB and Ralphs and online at STAR Fine Foods.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh and new content delivered to your inbox!
Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Garlic Pasta with Ketchup and Feta
- 8- ounces whole grain pasta (preferably spaghetti)
- 3 tablespoons STAR Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4- cup Ketchup (Use more if you prefer it saucier)
- 1/3- cup crumbled feta cheese (You can use more or less, depending on your personal preference)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- Drain and rinse; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and, stirring frequently, cook for 1 minute, or until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Using tongs, add pasta to the pan and toss and stir until well combined.
- Add ketchup and stir to combine; continue to cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and divide evenly onto four dinner plates.
- Top pasta with crumbled feta cheese and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
I have an ongoing working relationship with STAR FINE FOODS. Thank YOU for supporting the brands that make DIETHOOD possible! All opinions are always 100 % my own!