Rosemary and Garlic No-Knead Skillet Bread – Warm, homemade and incredibly flavorful no-knead bread that is so easy to prepare, you’ll want to make it again and again!
Looking at the picture above, just makes me want to leave all Monday responsibilities behind and go make at least one more loaf… And eat all of it before anyone gets home.
Sidenote: It’s Monday?! Already?!? That was fast…
Hiya! It’s been 24 hours since we last spoke! How have you been?
Judging by today’s recipe, I, myself, am doing A-OKAY! Homemade bread is my ultimate comfort food.
I’m also comforted by baggy knit sweaters, “Three’s Company” reruns and Chardonnay. Of course.
BUT, first and foremost, it’s bread. Straight from the oven. Piping hot. Slathered with buttah and a sprinkle of sea salt on top.
This lovely recipe represents ME trying to juggle momhood, wifehood, diethood, and, well, sustenance. As well as my other recipe for No Knead Skillet OLIVE Bread.
In this castle of ours, we eat bread as if the world is going to run out of IT in point-2 days. On the other hand, we’re Macedonian and in the Macedonian Handbook it states; Must Eat Bread.
It’s part of your Macedonianism. Period.
IN fact, for my bridal shower I received 4 bread machines. Four! 99% of attendees were Macedonian… that’s not a coincidence.
Let me give you the nitty gritty on this comforting loaf.
It’s crusty, soft, texture-perfect and full of flavor. You can enjoy this bread with any sort of flavor-combos that inspire you. Cheddar and thyme? Perfect! Parmesan + Basil? Why not!
HOW TO MAKE CAST IRON SKILLET BREAD
You will need a handful of ingredients, a large mixing bowl, and a cast iron skillet.
- Water, yeast, flour, salt, rosemary and garlic are combined in a large mixing bowl and set to rise for 1 hour.
- Dough is then transferred to a cast iron skillet where it will again be left to rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- Finally, we get to bake the bread in a hot oven for around 30 minutes, or until nicely browned on top.
- Let rest for a few minutes and serve.
SIMILAR BREAD RECIPES
- 2 cups lukewarm water (105-degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 package active dry yeast (2-1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour , divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine water and yeast.
- Add 1 cup of flour and salt; stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Stir in rosemary leaves and minced garlic.
- Add remaining flour, one cup at a time, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm spot to rise for 1 hour.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil in an 8 or 10-inch cast iron skillet; using a napkin or your fingers, coat bottom and sides of skillet with the olive oil.
- Flour your hands; remove plastic wrap and using your hands, transfer dough to prepared skillet and shape into a disk.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Score the top of the loaf with some shallow knife cuts.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and turn the bread out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- If you do not have an iron skillet, you can use a stoneware baking dish, instead.
- It is important to remove bread from pan as soon as it comes out of the oven because bread left in the pan will get moist and soggy.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM BAKER BETTIE
WW SmartPoints: 3
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy