Italian Stir Fry – An incredibly delicious vegetarian dinner with fresh vegetables and beans quickly cooked in a wok, tossed with bow tie pasta, fresh herbs, and cheese. Quick, healthy and easy!
I’m hopping around the globe these days, ha? We went to Mexico yesterday and today we’ve got one foot in Italy and the other in Asia. You know why, right? ‘Cause WE CAN!
Hey YOU! Happiest of Mondays! How was your weekend? I splurged on a new sweater and an ice cream cake. Cold and creamy. It’s just what this nasty winter made me crave.
To be completely honest, right after inhaling that slice, I made myself a cup of tea because I froze! I was so cold, I think my heart was weeping. Elsa’s got nothin’ on me and this God awful winter.
Also? I didn’t watch the Oscars and I have nothing and no one to gossip about. Wah wah wah.
But, on the flip side, I made you pasta with stir fried veggies! YAY US!
If you’ve ever wanted something quick, but also healthy AND really, really delicious, keep on reading. This recipe has it ALL.
Back in my single, college days I learned that a wok is the ultimate pan for just about every cooking technique. Its concave shape makes stir-frying super quick and easy, and it radiates intense heat, transforming the pan into an amazing cooking surface. Because the actual cooking is so fast, it’s an ideal tool for many of those quick weekday dinners that you and I looooove!
Eons ago, I first made this pasta dish on a whim and fell in love. The fresh veggies and garbanzo beans, tossed with a handful of fresh basil and bow tie pasta is all my dinner-dreams coming to life. The fact that it’s all made within, like, 19.2 minutes makes me want to kiss it!
And now, here we are today, you AND me, about to put our wok to work and make an Italian-ish meal on a Meatless Monday. We’re so trendy.
If you have some fresh baby spinach, toss a handful of it in there, too, will ya? Trust me, it’s delicious. It reminds me of this Garlic Butter Spinach and Pasta. ♥
Now, go awn and make your Meatless Monday… meatless!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Italian Stir Fry
- 1- pound bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 6 red mini sweet peppers , diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 fresh tomatoes , chopped
- 1 can (15-ounces) garbanzo beans, well rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup black olives , halved
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves , sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Parmesan cheese , for garnish (optional)
- 3 green onions , chopped (green parts only)
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a wok.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic; cook for about 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, garbanzo beans and olives; continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft and heated through.
- Stir in vegetable broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir fresh parsley, sliced basil and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta and toss to mix.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and green onions.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.