This One-Pot Caprese Pasta recipe is such an easy dinner idea because it’s all cooked in the same pot! The quickest, most delicious pasta dinner you will ever make!
Easy Caprese Pasta Recipe
HI! Happiest of Sundays, everyone!
You guys. It’s the 1st of June! Half the year is already gone! THAT is so weird. Especially when I’m still hanging onto New Year’s resolutions… I have yet to get started on those… 🙂
SO! How is your weekend going? Are you at the beach? The pool? On the couch?!? I’m cool with that. However, and in the words of Nelly; It’s gettin’ hot in herre!
It’s 90-degrees! FINALLY!
The real question is, what do you make for din din when it’s this hot?!
I KNOW I KNOW! PICK ME!!
Umm… One-Pot Caprese Pasta Dinner??
I’m gonna let you in on a little secret. I have a gazillion blog-crushes. Yah, I crush on food blogs. And I read ’em all! It’s what inspires me.
A while back I saw this One-Pot Pasta Meal on Chung-Ah’s blog, Damn Delicious, and I just HAD TO give it a try. You would have done the same. The whole recipe takes place in just one pot!! AND it’s all added IN at the SAAAAME TIME!
I am totally screaming right now, which completely explains all the CAPS and EXCLAMATION points… I’m only doing it because you can’t hear my excitement! (!!!!!)
Only 3 minutes after reading her recipe, I was at the stove mixin’ and stirrin’ the pasta, making din din at 9:45 pm. Don’t judge. That’s my R&D department doing its thaaaang.
Wondering if it would all work with my favorite bow tie-caprese pasta dinner, I gave it a go and, obviously, it all came together, thus we lived happily ever after for eternity…
So, basically, that should give you an idea as to how extremely satisfied we were with our dinner.
Since I shouldn’t be taking any more of your time, just hit print and make this pasta dinner tonight. No. Make it NOW! It’s super quick, super delicious, and suuuuper easy!
One Pot Caprese Pasta
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup basil leaves , packed
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1-1/2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- balls of fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a stockpot, combine water, olive oil, pasta, halved tomatoes, basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 11 to 12 minutes, or until pasta is thoroughly cooked and water reduced. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- Stir in shredded mozzarella cheese; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with balls of fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.