A delicious twist on pesto prepared with parsley, walnuts, and parmesan cheese. It’s great for pizzas, sandwiches, toppings, even pasta!
If I had to choose a favorite pasta sauce, dipping sauce, eat-straight-out-of-the-jar sauce, PESTO would be IT! Parsley Pesto, Spinach Pesto, Olive Pesto … I got all them recipes on dis blog, and I love ’em all equally.
Traditional Italian pesto is made with basil. It’s a classic sauce, but it sure doesn’t hurt to try different ingredients.
With its combination of olive oil, nuts, and Parmesan cheese, pesto is in fact a healthy addition to yo’ tummy. While it is higher in calories and fat, it’s still unsaturated fat, and pesto is packed with nutrients and health benefits.
Health Benefits of Parsley Pesto
- Parsley is high in antioxidants, it improves digestion, and has antibacterial properties.
- Olive Oil can protect against heart disease, has anti-inflammatory properties, and is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, among other things.
- Walnuts are also good for the heart, they contain calcium and iron, and are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Basically, what I’m trying to say is, make this real soon and EAT all of it! It’s good for you! The cheese, not so much, but a girl’s gotta live. And eat.
Please reach for some parsley, walnuts, cheese, garlic, and olive oil – we’re about to prepare something so good and so delicious.
Great meals to enjoy this Parsley Pesto with:
- Sweet Potato Roast
- Easy Baked Chicken Breast
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Bruschetta Stuffed Balsamic Chicken
- Flourless Salmon Piccata in Foil
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Parsley Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups packed Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup fancy shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Private Selection African Inspired Berbere Blend
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine parsley, walnuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil, berbere blend, salt, and pepper in a food processor; process until completely combined.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Use it on pizzas, sandwiches, pasta, bread, etc...