This is the juiciest chicken you will ever have! Baked chicken breasts in a delicious balsamic mixture and stuffed with fresh tomatoes, basil + mozzarella. This chicken recipe is just finger-licking GOOD!
Hey hey hey! It’s SUN-DAY. Happy day! I am so excited. What are you up to? What are your plans? I am headed to a BFF’s Bridal Shower. My Sunday’s Best attire is on fleek , and I can’t wait to bust on out of here and hang with my besties. Also? I hope she likes my present ’cause I lost the gift receipt…
And, if I give her the other receipt, then she will know that I used my 20% coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond to buy her gift…
You think she’d be mad and say, “damn! she couldn’t even pay full price for me?! SMH!”.
So I realize that by now most of you are thinking “chicken, AGAIN?!?”. Well. This one is different! (they all are…) BUT, this one should come with a warning label: “DANGER! You will eat all of it, down to the last ribbon of basil! You’ve been warned.”. (I say that all the time, I know)
HOW TO PREPARE BRUSCHETTA STUFFED BALSAMIC CHICKEN
I am trying to put into words how much I heart this Balsamic Chicken.
- A combination of fresh, summery, sweet, and tangy flavors, and delicious food power. But mostly, all I can do is just close my eyes and ask myself: can I live on only this, day after day? And then I answer myself: You can. Yes, you can.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe I posted years ago for Chicken Bruschetta Pasta – one of my husband’s favorite meals. He will do house chores if that’s what it takes for me to make it. Things like laundry. AND, he will fold it.
- This Balsamic Chicken starts with a wrap around the awesomest combination of tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese, which flavors totally shine due to the cooling and very flavorful balsamic sauce that is all later cooked in. All that results in me stabbing my fork into a combination of savory, sweet, cool, tangy chicken, and forgetting to come up for air.
This is so yummy, you guys, to the point where I can’t even find anything else to say about it, besides, it’s so yummy! To the point where I could not wait to get through taking pictures of it. I kept a fork and knife next to me because self control went out the door. I’d take a few bites, then a picture. Seven bites, one more picture.
And then I lost control and couldn’t take any more pictures because there was nothing to take pictures OF! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!
Can you go make it today and tell me how much (if) you loved it, too?? THANKS!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
>WATCH HOW TO MAKE BRUSCHETTA STUFFED BALSAMIC CHICKEN
Bruschetta Stuffed Balsamic Chicken
- 2 tomatoes , diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil ribbons
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese , divided
- 6 (4 ounces each) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4- cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3- cup low sodium fat free chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese and basil; stir just until combined and set aside.
- Pound each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness, being careful not to tear or rip through.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spoon previously prepared tomato mixture over each chicken breast. You don't have to use all the stuffing - any leftovers can be spooned over chicken right before baking.
- Roll up the chicken breasts, wrapping them tightly, and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a stovetop and oven safe large skillet.
- Add prepared chicken breasts to hot oil and cook over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, or until lightly browned on all sides.
- In the meantime, prepare the Balsamic sauce.
- In a medium bowl combine balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, garlic, and Italian seasoning; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Remove chicken from heat.
- If you have some extra tomato mixture, spoon it over the chicken.
- Pour prepared balsamic sauce over chicken.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven, flip the chicken over, and return to oven for 15 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and continue to bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes.
- Serve with pasta, rice, vegetables, or a fresh salad.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.