Creamy Lemon One-Pot Pasta – The delicious combination of lemon and cream cheese is spot-on for this easy weeknight one-pot pasta dinner.
Friends, we have a problem. My computer AND my photo camera are both dying a slow death, at the same time. Please, please forgive the sub par photos… no matter what I do, that camera is not going to give in. Beast! (I’m really saying the other word, but this is a PG rated blog…)
SO yeah… I’m gonna cry.
Actually, I kind of am not crying – I’m kind of celebrating. BUT can’t tell my other half that I’m excited. I have to act as if I’m heartbroken so it seems like I value material things. In which I do… but sometimes, we have to part. They live for like, 3 years, especially laptops. I’ve held onto mine for 5.
In the words of N’Sync, it’s time to say Bye Bye Byyyye.
Speaking of boy bands? Joey McIntyre was on the Wahlburgers a few days ago! Can you imagine my excitement?!? I was bursting out of my pj’s. I couldn’t stop smiling for hours afterwards.
I was the girl who’d go to their concerts and scream I LOVE YOU, JOEY!!!!!!, the entire 2 hours. Super fan. Super freak.
Speaking of freak-y? How freaky are these one-pot pasta wonders!?! So freaky, I love them!!
They are the answer to homemade, weeknight meals, right after crock pot meals. Just sayin’.
Did you know that if you combine veggie stock with your water for boiling pasta, your dinner can go from good to dang amazing?! Yaha.
Did you also know that if you stir cream cheese into this one pot pasta, your dinner can go from dang amazing to daaaaayyyyyum amazing?! It does.
And did you know that stirring lemon juice into anything is just pure genius? It is. Makes you feel like you’re eating something really healthy, doesn’t it? And fresh. Right?
I am just happy to report that you will need about 20 minutes, give or take, to make this dish. Throw all-the-things in the pot and you’re done. Stir in some cheese and you’re done-done.
That leaves us with an awesome dinner on the stove and enough time to enjoy wine o’clock, alone. If you have little kids, grab that glass and hide in the closet. Bathroom is good, too. Whatever works.
I know how you feel…
- 1- pound penne pasta
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large onion , sliced
- 1/2- cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 4- ounces 1/3 Less-Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2- cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4- cup shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- In a stockpot, combine pasta, water, vegetable broth, onions, basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover, cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove cover and continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and liquid is absorbed; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, mozzarella and parmesan cheese; stir until melted and creamy.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 11