Juicy, tender, and ultra-fast, my Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Breast sizzles with flavor! You’ll love the crispy skin and buttery, garlicky flavor brightened with herbs and spices.
Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Hey lovelies! It’s already fall, and I don’t know about you, but I. 👏 Am. 👏 Here. 👏 For. 👏 It. 👏 What about you guys?
It’s the Halloween decor that gets me hyped up. 🧙 ☠️ 🎃
And, also, when fall comes around, I start thinking about all my fall favorites, especially a) things with pumpkin; b) things with pumpkin spice; and c) turkey!
But, you know, as much as it’s a Thanksgiving classic (and a sandwich classic), turkey really deserves more recognition. After all, you can do so much with it. Turkey meat is light and flavorful, nutritious, affordable, and plays well with lots of flavors: smoky, spicy, sweet, and savory.
You can do just the turkey legs, go for ground, pan-fry cutlets, or (my personal favorite) roast a beautiful crispy turkey breast.
That’s what this recipe is all about! Using my handy-dandy Air Fryer, I’ll be quick-roasting a tender boneless breast to deep gold perfection. Whether you’re cooking for Turkey day, or just an ordinary Tuesday night, think about making turkey! It’s juicy, flavorful, and easy as can be.
Why Make Turkey Breast in the Air Fryer?
Why the air fryer, you may ask? Three words: Juicy, crispy, and fast! Air fryer turkey breast is ready in about half the time of normal oven-roasted turkey breast, and the shorter cook time means that the meat stays extra juicy and moist.
Plus, since air fryers are basically convection ovens, the hot air circulating around the meat gets the outside a bit crispy and beautifully browned. Mmmm. 😋
What You’ll Need
So what do you need to make this recipe? Just a boneless turkey breast and a few basic pantry staples! Here’s a breakdown of the list.
- Turkey Breast: This recipe is for one boneless turkey breast, 2 to 3 pounds in weight, with the skin on.
- Salt and Pepper: I use about ¾ teaspoon of each, but you can adjust to your taste.
- Butter: Melt half a stick (4 tablespoons) of butter to make the herbed butter mixture.
- Garlic: 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed, give the butter mixture a mouthwatering taste!
- Paprika: I like to use a tablespoon of sweet paprika to season the breast. It adds a savory depth, and a lovely color as the turkey bakes.
- Herbs: Any chopped fresh herbs that you like can be used here! I used fresh rosemary and thyme.
- Parsley: Chopped parsley gives that classic fresh herbal note to this easy bake.
Can I use a frozen turkey breast?
- Frozen turkey is great, but I don’t recommend putting the turkey breast into the air fryer while it is still frozen. Most likely, the turkey would eventually overcook on the outside while the inside might still be raw. Instead, thaw your turkey breast in the refrigerator before cooking.
How to Make Turkey Breast in the Air Fryer
This recipe is super-duper simple, and can be made in less than an hour! You can use the time while the turkey cooks to make a side or two! Or have a glass of wine and put your feet up. 🍷
- Prep the Air Fryer and Turkey. Preheat your air fryer to 375˚F. Take the turkey breast out of its packaging and pat it dry with paper towels. Season the turkey with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Make the Herbed Butter. Melt the butter, and then stir in the garlic, paprika, chopped fresh herbs, and parsley.
- Butter and Air Fry the Turkey. Brush the butter mixture all over the turkey breast, and place it into the air fryer basket, skin side up. Cook for 20 minutes, turn, and cook for 20 more minutes, or until the internal temperature of the turkey breast registers at 160˚F.
- Cut and Serve. Take the turkey breast out of the air fryer and place it on a cutting board. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
How do I carve a turkey breast?
- If the turkey is boneless, you simply need to cut the meat into slices against the grain. If you go with bone-in (see the “Tips for Success” section below), then cut the meat away from the breastbone and the ribs before slicing against the grain.
Tips for Success
Before you start frying, hang on just one sec! Let me share my top tips for making the perfect air fryer turkey breast.
- Bone-In Turkey: If you’d rather use a bone-in breast, that is also fine. Look for a small one (4 pounds-ish) that will fit into the air fryer, and cook it for about 20 minutes on the first side, and 30 to 40 minutes on the second side.
- Cook Times Are Approximate: When it comes to doneness, I always recommend using an Instant Read Thermometer. It’s important to cook your turkey to a safe internal temperature, and that may take longer or shorter, depending on the turkey, the size and make of your air fryer, and other factors.
- Brine It: If you have time, I highly recommend brining your turkey breast for a few hours in a salted liquid. Brining makes turkey more juicy and flavorful. See my tutorial on ➡️ How to Brine a Turkey ⬅️ for all the details!
To serve this as an easy main course, I like to think Thanksgiving, here are some of my holiday-inspired sides!
- Sweet Potatoes: These versatile beauties are wonderful steamed and mashed with butter (and maybe a touch of maple syrup, I won’t tell!). Or you can go the cheesy route with my Sweet Potato Gratin. I highly recommend it!
- Brussels Sprouts: One of my true loves! I adore Brussels sprouts, especially Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.
- Pilaf: Possibly the most satisfying side ever, right? You’ll love my easy (and fancy!) version: Mushroom and Orzo Pilaf. So good!
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Turkey Breast
- To refrigerate leftover turkey, place it in airtight food storage containers, or zip-top bags. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- To freeze, wrap leftovers tightly in two layers of plastic wrap, or place in freezer bags and press as much air out as possible before sealing.
- To reheat, place the turkey in a covered skillet over low heat, with a splash of broth or water to keep it moist. Reheat until just heated through.
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Preheat AIR FRYER to 375˚F.
- Pat dry the turkey breast with paper towels.
- Season the turkey breast with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Melt the butter, then stir in the garlic, paprika, chopped fresh herbs, and parsley.
- Brush the butter mixture all over the turkey breast.
- Transfer turkey breast to the air fryer basket, and position it skin-side-up.
- Cook for 20 minutes; flip and continue to cook for 20 more minutes, or until the internal temperature of the turkey breast registers at 160˚F.
- Remove turkey breast from the air fryer and transfer to a cutting board.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cut and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.