Slow Cooker Honey-Soy Glazed Turkey Breast – Juicy, tender and incredibly delicious turkey breast glazed with a flavorful honey-soy mixture, and prepared in the slow cooker.
Should I have named it Crock Pot? Or is Slow Cooker okay? I just had an argument about this decision with myself, and it lasted over an hour. At least we know what’s going down on Thanksgiving Day: Slow Cooker Honey-Soy Glazed Turkey Breast!
Hi friends!! Nice to see you!! Guess what? It’s tiiiime! We’re only a week away and it’s finally time to think about TURKEY! AND all the things that you are grateful for. And then turkey, again. And cranberry sauce, and stuffing, and booze. Mashed potatoes, too.
You probably thought about your Thanksgiving turkey long before I came into your life today with this marvelous recipe, but let’s pretend that you hadn’t the slightest clue about that Thanksgiving menu and I came to save the day. M’kay? Thanks, friend!
Some of you might really want to shake me, angrily, because you need a recipe for a whole turkey and not just a 6-pound turkey breast, BUT I figured that the internetS is filled with whole turkey recipes and not enough recipes for something smaller. Trust me. I did my research. Turkey yields 125M results in Google search, and turkey breast is 7.8M.
If all else fails, please refer to this post for a delicious bird that I call, Rosemary Lemon Roasted Turkey. She is a beauty!
Said in my best way possible, but are you ready to stuff your face with the most flavorful turkey breast of evvvverrrr? YAY! Meet my bird – errr, her breast – errr say what?! Okay. Let’s just meet my favorite flava flav Slow Cooker Honey-Soy Glazed Turkey Breast.
I love how tender and perfect my chicken cooks in the slow cooker, however I feared that this turkey deal may not turn out, but thaaaaank goodness I was wrong. This was really juicy, perfectly tender, and the flavor was on point. Honey & Soy Sauce go together like Milk & Cookies. Peas & Carrots. Cheech & Chong! You know what I’m sayin’…
Here’s what went down:
HOW TO PREPARE TURKEY BREAST IN THE SLOW COOKER
First, you have to marinate the turkey breast for at least one hour, but if you can give it three hours? Even better!
Secondly, pop the turkey breast in the slow cooker and give her a good 6-ish hours on LOW.
Thirdly, pop her in the oven for another 30 minutes just to get that slightly crispy skin and the beautiful mahogany color on top.
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY GRAVY
Take all the juices and drippings from the bottom of the slow cooker and make turkey gravy from scratch.
- Just pour the juices/drippings in a saucepan over a 1/4-cup flour, whisk and whisk and whisk until completely blended and thickened. 3 minutes. 4 minutes, tops!
LASTLY, slice the turkey breast, pop it in your mouths and make all your taste buds super duper happy!
Sixthly ( not a real word), make my Sweet Potato and Cranberry Stuffing.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 1 (6-pound) turkey breast, bone-in and skin-on
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 cups liquid from turkey drippings
- 1/4 cup flour
- Place the turkey breast in a large bowl.
- Whisk together honey, soy sauce, oil, ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the turkey breast and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour; turn the turkey and continue to marinate breast side up for 1 more hour.
- Transfer the turkey and the marinade to the pot/bowl of your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. The turkey is done when it reaches 165°F in the thickest part of the breast meat.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove ceramic pot from the slow cooker; take the ceramic pot, with the turkey breast in it, and put it in the oven.
- Continue to cook for 30 minutes, basting the turkey breast every 5 minutes, until the pop-up timer in the turkey breast pops.
- Remove turkey from oven and reserve 2 cups of the liquid. If you don't have full 2 cups of liquid left over, add chicken broth to make 2 cups.
- Put the flour in a saucepan; slowly pour and whisk in the turkey drippings.
- Set the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil while constantly whisking.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and continue to whisk until thickened; about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour it into a gravy boat.
- Serve with the turkey breast.
- Putting the turkey in the oven is completely optional; if you don't want to do that, just let the turkey finish cooking in the slow cooker until the pop-up timer in the turkey breast pops.
WW Smart Points: 12
Nutritional Analysis includes gravy.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy