Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta Recipe – Easy, quick and delicious dinner including shrimp and pasta with tomatoes and spinach, all coated in a light and flavorful garlic butter sauce.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta is an easy pasta dish that’s simple, flavorful and quick – all you need is about 30 minutes to whip it up! Tender and juicy shrimp are cooked in a garlicky butter sauce before they are tossed with baby spinach, tomatoes, and pasta. And garlic butter lends an amazing flavor to anything and everything.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta has always been a favorite around here. It reminds me of trips to Olive Garden with my besties when we were still in high school. Kid you not, we thought we were da bomb because we were at, what we considered, a fancy restaurant.
Never mind that we chilled there for hours with all-you-can-eat salad and breadsticks. …those were the days.
Also? All of the [local community] college boys worked there, so there was that.
To that end, when I’m feeling a bit nostalgic, and when I’m looking to bring home that restaurant taste, this shrimp pasta dinner is my go-to.
Besides, this Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta is most likely the quick weeknight dinner you’ve been looking for. I can’t promise you’ll immediately feel transported back to your high school days, but I can promise that you’ll love it!
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA
- First, put the pasta in boiling water and set aside to cook.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a large skillet and stir in LOTS of garlic. Then throw in big, plump, juicy shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp; add tomatoes and spinach to the skillet and continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted and tomatoes have started to release their juices.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet with the tomatoes and spinach.
- Add grilled shrimp back into the skillet, toss around until everything is coated, remove from heat and serve.
- A sprinkle of red pepper flakes + grated parmesan cheese definitely won’t hurt.
FYI! You can also use gluten free pasta – just cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
This meal is so delicious and wonderful and comforting. I love that it’s a stand out meal, and making this for dinner is such a lovely change of pace.
I mean… it’s shrimp that is all about the garlic! Just sign me up!! That’s enough to get me into this garlicky pasta deal. How about you?
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES:
- Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice
- Garlic Shrimp Ramen
- Lightened-Up Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- Coconut Lime Shrimp
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- grated parmesan, for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package; drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, parsley and oregano; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper; add to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes, or until pink; remove shrimp from skillet and set aside. Cover to keep them warm.
- Melt remaining butter in the skillet; add tomatoes, spinach, and basil, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until spinach is wilted and tomatoes begin to release their juices.
- Add prepared pasta to the skillet with the tomatoes and spinach.
- Add shrimp to the skillet; stir until everything is well combined.
- Remove from heat; garnish with red pepper flakes and grated parmesan.