Crock Pot Lemon Rice Soup – Made with lemon juice, rice and eggs, this Lemon Rice Soup is my family’s favorite! Set it in the Crock Pot and walk away!
HI!!! *waving* How are you?!
I’m doing GREAT! Thank you for asking! In fact, I’m doing better than great! Today is a BIG DAY for us. HUGE!
Today we’re finally going to Christen our little Aleksandra.
I say finally because baby-girl is 2-years old. In a normal household, this would have been done within the first 6 months of her life. In our household?!
Yah… we drag.
At this very moment I’m probably losing it. No, really. I’m most likely screaming, running around like a maniac, trying to get everyone ready before the Church Bells ring.
Everything is washed, ironed (the worst chore, ever!), and ready for them to just slip it on. Fingers crossed, no one will ask to eat before we head out.
In other news, looks like Savory Sundays has turned into Crock Pot Sundays! Do you mind? Of course not.
Do you “like” how I always answer for you? 🙂
This right here is my Mom’s favorite soup. No matter where we go, no matter what day it is, she will either pick up a bowl at a nearby restaurant or make it at home.
WHAT IS LEMON RICE SOUP
Lemon Rice Soup is a classic lemon soup made with fresh ingredients including, rice, lemons, and eggs.
HOW DO YOU MAKE LEMON RICE SOUP IN THE CROCK POT
Place vegetable broth and rice in the crock pot to cook for 3 hours on high.
- Ladle 1 cup of the soup into an egg-yolk mixture prepared with egg yolks and lemon juice; whisk vigorously until well combined.
Whisk the egg-yolk mixture into the crock pot; close and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in the heavy cream or milk; season to taste
The egg yolk mixture needs to be whisked into the soup very well or you will end up with scrambled eggs, instead.
Though it doesn’t take that long to make this lemon rice soup on the stove-top, the difference is that you can set this in the crock pot hours before dinner and it will be warm and ready just as soon as dinner-time arrives.
Also?? I like my Lemon Rice Soup very lemony. Like almost to the point where you make that lemony face. The rest of the Fam doesn’t like it that way. Waaaah!
SO! If you are like me, make sure to place a bunch of lemon slices in the crock pot together with the soup. But, if you are anything like my crew back here, skip that part.
Now, because I have to run and get my posse to Church, I am gonna let you go and tomorrow I will come back to report on how everything went. Maybe I’ll have some pictures for you, too! YAY!
DON’T FORGET TO CLICK AROUND AND FIND YOUR NEW FAVORITE RECIPES!
Crock Pot Lemon Rice Soup
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup white long grain rice
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 lemons , juiced (about 1/4-cup juice)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder , or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- lemon slices , for garnish (optional)
- Place vegetable broth, rice, and thyme sprigs in the crock pot.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 6 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks and lemon juice; whisk until combined.
- Remove thyme sprigs from soup.
- Ladle 1 cup of the soup into the egg-yolk mixture; whisk vigorously until well combined. Make sure to whisk it very well, otherwise the eggs will cook and you will end up with scrambled eggs, instead.
- Whisk the egg-yolk mixture into the crock pot; close and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn off the crock pot.
- Stir in the heavy cream or milk.
- Season with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.