Goat Cheese, Bacon and Raisins Stuffed Chicken Breasts – Elegant yet super easy recipe for chicken breasts stuffed with a delicious mixture of goat cheese, bacon, raisins and nuts.
Hey hey, my pretty friends! Happy Wednesday!
One of life’s greatest pleasures is to sit here and share my dinner with you. ‘Cept I’m not really sharing said food, but you know what I mean. I eat it and then tell you how to make it. That’s my super awesome business plan. So far we’re winning!
For now, while we have this simple and freezing December day, let’s enjoy this lovely chicken stuffed with goat cheese, bacon AND raisins!
Trust me on this one. It’s good. SO, SO GOOD.
I’m also pretty much down with the fact that food stuffed into other food is beyond amazing. I don’t care how ’80s that sounds; stuffed food is still awesome!
This deliciousness is kind of like a surprise. The stuffing looks beautiful, but you’re not sure what it is. Then, once you bite into it? SURPRISE! Creamy, crunchy, sweet and salty. Taste and texture don’t fail to impress.
The California Raisins give it that sweet, chunky bite and they are all-natural. As in, just raisins.
Ingredients listed: Raisins. Only. You know what I mean?
Also. Zero fat, no cholesterol and no added sugar. AND! AND! They are packed with fiber and iron, so you’re practically adding health to your meal.
Somewhere in the middle of that swirl, is where delicious lives. From flavors to textures, this recipe has everything. The inside is creamy and tender, beautifully flavored with raisins, bacon and walnuts. All you need to do now is make it and share it.
Goat Cheese, Bacon and Raisins Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-pound)
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 4 slices bacon , cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- 1 package (1-1/2 ounces) California Raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup unflavored bread crumbs
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme , leaves only
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Cut a slit on the side of the chicken breasts and make a pocket deep enough to hold the stuffing; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, crumbled bacon, raisins, walnuts, bread crumbs, thyme leaves and egg; mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly and stuff the chicken breasts with it.
- Secure chicken with toothpicks.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned on both sides; about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet and transfer chicken to previously prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven.
- Discard toothpicks.
- Slice chicken breasts into rounds and serve.