This easy Chicken Bruschetta Pasta is made with chicken breasts, pasta and a delicious balsamic glaze. All the flavors of bruschetta in one easy recipe!
AN EASY PASTA DINNER IDEA
This is a story all about how I had two kids and… time ran out!
I think we can all agree that before the kiddos arrived, there was always enough time for every.thing. From getting your hair did, to your nightly margarita rituals, and all the in between things that came along. And you got to sleep-in on Sundays. Aaaand there was enough time to do all the cooking and baking in the world!
Since time really is of the essence, I have been meal-helpering for the past two weeks, while trying to adjust to this new back-to-school schedule. But it’s not just back-to-school; it’s back to gymnastics, it’s back to dance, it’s back to soccer… I swear I thought that she would quit at least two of those by now. Wishful thinking, I know.
I feel that dinner is that one meal of the day that we should all try to eat together as a family, and that it should almost never be delivery. Unless it’s Friday, then it’s okay. Or Monday. 😉
BUT our favorite so far is this Chicken Bruschetta Pasta. It is SO!GOOD! My husband wants to have it every night. The guy loves tomatoes and tomato sauce thus this is something that he could live on for the rest of his life.
This is perfect for those lazy days when you don’t have time to brush your hair let alone think about cooking. It also helps with not having to think about what should we have for dinner! That right there is my least favorite thing about cooking dinner.
HOW TO MAKE THIS QUICK PASTA DINNER
Once we got home, I unpacked the bags, threw the Farfalle Pasta in boiling water, chopped up my chicken and cooked it in this delicious Tomato Sauce… honestly, I could’ve spooned this sauce like a soup – it was amazing!
After draining the pasta, I added it to the cooked chicken and topped it with couple of tablespoons of grated parmesan – covered it, and a few minutes later, din din was ready!
Between you and I, hubs had the few bits of leftovers for breakfast.
Take it from someone who cooks almost all meals from scratch – this stuff is GOOD. Really, really good!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BRUSCHETTA PASTA
Chicken Bruschetta Pasta
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4- ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 10 fresh basil leaves , cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves , minced, divided
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet; add cubed chicken and cook for 8 minutes, or until chicken is browned and internal temperature reaches 165F degrees. Set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and save the juices in a small bowl.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato juices, basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, & half of the minced garlic; set aside. You can also make this ahead of time and refrigerate for 2 hours, covered.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add remaining garlic and saute for about 20 seconds, or until soft and tender - do not burn the garlic.
- Increase heat to medium high and stir in previously prepared tomato salad.
- Add tomato sauce to pan and bring to a boil.
- Add prepared pasta to sauce pan and toss around until coated. Set aside.
- In a small pan, bring to a boil vinegar and sugar; reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until sauce turns to a thick syrup. Remove from heat and add to prepared pasta.
- Transfer pasta to a platter.
- Arrange prepared chicken breasts on top of pasta.