Easy Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks with Garlic Dipping Sauce – Sprinkled with Parmesan Cheese and dipped in a delicious Garlic Dipping sauce, these homemade breadsticks are not only easy to make, but they come together in just 30 minutes from start to finish!
Wanna know something? Ok, good! These breadsticks represent my love of all things bread and garlic, and secondly, my coping mechanisms when left home alone.
Carbs and I get waaaaay closer when we’re left with an empty house.
I truly do want to eat light and fresh, but then again, I want to eat something cozy and filling, you know?
By the wayz, WHY didn’t I think of doing this sooner with my Yeast-Free Pizza Dough??? Duh!
It was probably because I was feeding my pizza-fix, instead! HA!
So this all started with a lazy Sunday afternoon, when that inner high-schooler came out and was reminded of her JCPenney part-time job and lunching at the Olive Garden across the street.
That’s right. I worked at JCPenney and ate the soup-and-salad combo at Olive Garden thrice a week. That, pretty much, was my entire paycheck, too. I did it for the breadsticks, man!
Also?? My other half used to work at the OG back in the dayz and he basically said that my breadsticks were almost like theirs, if not better. I truly don’t think they are better, but they are very, very dang delicious!
Breadsticks + Garlic Sauce + Super Bowl = Logical choice. Just sayin’. Besides, it’s the weekend and carbs don’t count.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4- cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2- cup grated parmesan cheese , divided
- flour for rolling
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Combine water and oil in a separate bowl or cup; stir to combine.
- Slowly add water mixture to the flour mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, or your hands, gently stir and mix until dough forms a ball; dough should be soft, but not sticky. Add more water if it's too dry, 1 tablespoon at a time. If it's too sticky, add more flour.
- Lightly flour your work area and sprinkle 1/4-cup grated parmesan cheese over it.
- Transfer dough to floured-work area and knead dough for 5 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a rectangle; long end should be rolled out to 12-inches.
- Top dough with the remaining grated parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper; press down on the toppings so they adhere to the dough.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut out 1-inch wide breadsticks.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- In the meantime, combine salt and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder mixture.
- Set aside the breadsticks and keep them warm while working on the dipping sauce.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- When completely melted, remove from heat and, using a spoon, remove the foamy layer on top; discard foam.
- Whisk in garlic powder and salt.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with the prepared breadsticks.
Rolling out the dough may be a challenge at first as the dough is strong, but so long as you press down and roll, the dough will start to take shape.
WW SmartPoints: 3
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy