Lemon Chicken Fettuccine Recipe – This one pot Lemon Chicken Fettuccine is a fresh and easy take on dinner, tossed with tomatoes, mushrooms, lemon juice and olive oil.
Lemon Chicken Fettuccine made for all the lemon lovers out there.
It includes chicken with fettuccine in a delicious lemony sauce with mushrooms and tomatoes.
I need a pasta intervention. I seem to make pasta every other day. Every few days I change it up a bit and make us eat green things, like Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Avocado and Pistachios. OR, I get all ethnic on us and prepare this Meat and Potato Gratin. A-may-zing!
However, one thing does not change; I always manage to throw the entire contents of my fridge in a pan.
This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS!
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
LEMON CHICKEN FETTUCCINE
Here we have:
blood, sweat, tears… I forgot the pickles.
As far as I see it, if I can have my pasta, protein, AND some veggies in one pot, sans creamy sauce?? It’s a definite winner! I mean, creamy sauce wins, always, but sometimes the jiggle beneath my wings insists on healthier options.
Thus, when I found this pretty little bottle of Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil, I couldn’t wait to make something healthy-errrr. As soon as I tasted it, I thought about lemon and chicken, with a side of fettuccine, of course.
Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil provides provides the perfect flavor for any dish; from veggies to poultry, and from seafood to juicy red meats. It’s perfect when used in marinades and bread dipping, but it’s also great for roasting and for salad dressings.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN AND FETTUCCINE
Essentially, we’re adding boiled pasta into a pan with chicken, mushrooms, and tomatoes. And, while this pasta dish is pretty and comforting, and easy, it’s also warm, citrusy and incredibly delicious.
- We start by cooking our chicken pieces in some olive oil, and adding in the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- In the meantime, we will also boil the fettuccine and drain when done.
- Add fettuccine to the chicken mixture; stir in the prepared dressing and cook until heated through.
Together with the rich BORGES Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the lemon dressing pulls this entire meal together, making you want to scrape every last bit of this Lemon Chicken Fettuccine that’s sitting in that pan.
BORGES EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL is available at Ralphs, Bashas, Smith’s, King Soopers, Fry’s, and Kroger (Texas).
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 8- ounces Fettuccine, cooked according to the directions on the package
- 3 tablespoons Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breast halves , cubed
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 pint sweet grape tomatoes , halved
- 1 package (8-ounces) mushroom slices
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- salt and pepper , to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add cubed chicken pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper; cook until chicken is browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
- Add halved grape tomatoes, sliced mushrooms and parsley; frequently stirring, continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add cooked fettuccine to chicken mixture and cook until heated through, stirring frequenty.
In a mixing bowl or a jar, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; shake it or stir it until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir into pasta mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
WW SMART POINTS: 11
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy