Air Fryer Salmon – Juicy, flaky, and deliciously flavored Salmon fillets cooked in the Air Fryer! This easy Keto-friendly seafood recipe is the perfect choice anytime you want a fabulous, low carb dinner.
AIR FRYER SALMON
Topped with butter, garlic, and herbs, Air Fryer Salmon takes just minutes to make, and it’s a healthy way to make your favorite salmon recipe. Packed with protein, Omega-3s, and potassium, you can make a healthy meal as easy and as delicious as possible with this Air Fryer baked salmon.
HOW DO YOU COOK SALMON IN AN AIR FRYER
An easy, quick, and flavorful seafood dinner is just 10 minutes away. This garlicky, lemony, and buttery salmon requires minimal ingredients, and cleanup is a snap thanks to the Air Fryer! I hope you have one. If not, get one, asap. 🥘
- First, melt some butter and stir in garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, and seasonings.
- Next, brush completely thawed salmon fillets with the butter mixture; then add salt and pepper.
- Transfer salmon fillets to the air fryer basket.
- Set temperature at 390˚F and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or to desired doneness.
FYI: Salmon is cooked when internal temperature registers at 145˚F. You might be sick of me saying this, but PLEASE get in the habit of using an Instant Read Thermometer – it’s a lifesaver, AND, most importantly, a food-saver. 🤗
So yeah, that’s it! If you want a crispier salmon, you can always pop it under the oven broiler for a couple of minutes, or until just browned and crispy on the edges.
I find that the air fryer browns it perfectly for us. You can see it in the pictures – our salmon recipe results in juicy and tender salmon on the inside with lightly crisped edges on the outside.
ARE AIR FRYERS ANY GOOD?
In my opinion, Air Fryers are an awesome appliance to have. The food cooks in half the time, the food is juicier, healthier, and so far, everything that I’ve cooked in the air fryer has turned out pretty darn good.
The ONLY drawback is that you can’t stack up food. Meaning, if you need to cook 4 salmon fillets, you’ll have to do it in two batches. The Air Fryer cooks your food by circulating hot air around it, and in order for the food to be cooked, all the surface of said food needs to be exposed to the hot air.
Even so, I still use my air fryer two to three times a week and it is one of the most common appliances I use now.
If you’re wondering about the kind of Air Fryer to get, first consider how many people you usually cook for. I have this 5.8-quart Air Fryer, and it’s perfect for the 4 of us. If cooking for 2 to 3 people, get this 4.2-quart Air Fryer.
HOW TO STORE COOKED SALMON
- Store completely cooled salmon fillets in an airtight container, and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, store cooled salmon in freezer bags or in an airtight container, and keep in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
- Crispy Parmesan Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Air Fryer Salmon
- 2 (6-ounces each) salmon fillets, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter and whisk in minced garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, parsley, and Italian seasoning.
- Brush salmon fillets with butter mixture.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Transfer fillets to the air fryer basket.
- Set Air Fryer at 390˚F and cook salmon for 7 to 8 minutes, or to your desired doneness. Salmon is cooked when internal temperature registers at 145˚F.
- Remove from Air Fryer and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 5
NET CARBS: 3
- NOTES: Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. If you want to double the recipe, cook in batches. I can fit 3 (4-ounce) fillets in mine without overcrowding them and leaving enough space between each fillet. Also, with a fuller basket, I add 1 to 2 minutes of cooking time to make sure the salmon is cooked through.
- You CAN use frozen fillets, but set the cooking temp to 400˚F and cook the fillets for about 15 minutes.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.