First off, I would like to wish every Mommy a Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you have the best day ever!!! ♥
I also hope someone makes these Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes for you… Those who do make them will earn a bunch of brownie points for doing so. Buhlieve me! A roasted tomato filled with quinoa, sauteed spinach and topped with cheese… how good does that sound!?!
Quinoa, salads, and rice cakes have been my go to buddies for the past 2 hours. I mean weeks! I have also been extracising like a mad woman in my brand new Albion Fit workout clothing!
My new jacket sucks up everything!!
My new Yoga Pants; I will not take them off! And they are gawdgeous?!
Speaking of swimwear…
This is the reason for my diet. Gorgeous doesn’t even begin to describe this swimsuit. I want!
Therefore, it is also the reason I have been stuffing my face with these Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes. Wish I had some right now!
Enough about the things I want.
BUT! Before you go, make sure you save or print this recipe – you will need it, want it, love it! Share it with MOM!
- 8 medium ripe tomatoes
- salt , to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt , to taste
- freshly ground pepper , to taste
- parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice off 1/2 inch of the stem end of the tomatoes and hollow out the inside.
- Slice just a small section off of the bottom of the tomatoes so that they will sit flat on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt in the hollow portion of each tomato and place hollow side up on a baking sheet.
- Set aside.
- Place water and quinoa in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; lower to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook until just wilted.
- Mix in the garlic and parsley, cook for a minute longer, and remove from stove.
- Add cooked quinoa to spinach; mix well.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide the filling among the tomatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.