An easy one-pan chicken breasts recipe cooked in a creamy lemon garlic sauce. This Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken is a company worthy dinner that you can have any day of the week.
DELICIOUS PARMESAN CRUSTED BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
Indulgent Lemon Parmesan Chicken is just pan seared, parmesan-crusted chicken breasts prepared in a creamy sauce with garlic, lemon juice, cheese, and cream. And, you guessed it; it’s LOW in carbs and Keto-friendly!
Sidenote: I definitely am not a Keto-dedicated blog – just look at my Creamy Lemon Chicken – but Keto-everything is so damn good. Amirite? It’s like a carnivore’s heaven swimming in cream-sauces. 🍽
The proof is in this recipe. Rich and creamy skillet dinner that’s ready in about 30 minutes, and all cooked in just one pan. Besides, you won’t be able to get enough of the sauce!
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY LEMON PARMESAN CHICKEN
This chicken recipe is beautiful, simple, and easy enough for a weeknight dinner.
- Start with combining finely grated parmesan cheese and seasonings in a mixing bowl.
- Pound down the chicken breasts to about 1/2-inch thickness; spread a bit of olive oil over each chicken breast, and generously season with the parmesan cheese mixture. Rub it in well.
- Heat up a skillet with butter and olive oil; cook the chicken until golden on both sides and no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from pan; melt more butter in the pan and add garlic.
- Pour in chicken broth, cream, more parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk in lemon juice and cook until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer for a few minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley; serve.
The chicken is tender crispy and the lemon parmesan flavor is incredible. If you’re not watching them carbs, grab a loaf of bread and have at it! 😍
WHAT SIDES TO SERVE WITH LEMON CHICKEN
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
Leftovers should be kept in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
MORE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata
- Lemon Chicken Fettuccine
- One Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Asparagus
- Lemon Paprika Chicken
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
An easy, bright, and creamy one-pan recipe for chicken breasts cooked in a velvety lemon garlic sauce. 30-minutes from start to finish!
- 4 (about 1 pound, total) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded down to 1/2-inch thickness
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, (adjust to taste - you may want less or more)
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
In a mixing bowl combine 1/3-cup parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, thyme, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
Drizzle a bit of olive oil over each chicken breast and rub the prepared seasoning all around the chicken. You can also put the seasoning in a shallow dish and dredge the chicken breasts in it.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; add oil and melt 1 tablespoon butter.
Once heated, add chicken and sear until golden, about 5 minutes. Flip and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, or until golden. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
Remove chicken from skillet; set aside and keep covered.
Melt remaining butter in the skillet.
Add garlic; lower heat to medium and cook for 20 seconds.
Whisk in chicken broth; whisk in cream and remaining Parmesan cheese; season with more salt and pepper, if desired, and stir until combined.
Continue to cook for about 2 minutes, or until thicker.
Whisk in the lemon juice and cook for 1 more minute.
Return chicken back into the pan; let simmer in the sauce for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Remove from heat; garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 16
- To lower your POINTS down to 10, use Half & Half in place of Heavy Cream, and use 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil; omit the butter.