Baked Garlic Butter Chicken – Super quick, easy and SO delicious Garlic Butter Chicken with fresh rosemary and cheese. The perfect one pan chicken dinner for a weeknight!
My friends, this Garlic Butter Chicken is on its way to becoming your new favorite winner winner chicken dinner! This chicken is like one million flavors in one, and here’s the funny thing: every time I make it, I add something new. Rosemary, thyme, oregano… whatever fresh herbs I’ve got on hand, that’s what goes in it, and it all just works each and every time.
What’s more is that there’s no way we can screw this up. There’s like 5 ingredients we’re working with, and garlic and butter are the stars. Hallelujah!
P.S. Happy Sunday! Happy SPRING! It’s here. It’s finally HERE! Though it feels like February outside, I’m still glad to know that big bad Winter is behind us. ⛅⛅⛅
In addition, I’m gettin’ all buttery on ya today and it’s so amazing!
Sidebar: DON’T freak out at all the butter we’re using to make the sauce; we’re only eating mayyyybe about 1/4 to 1/2 tablespoon of it per serving. That is, depending on how much garlic butter sauce you will want to pour over the chicken once it’s done. I won’t lie to you – it’s tempting. It will tempt you to tilt over the dish and pour the entire garlic butter sauce over the chicken, but control is your friend.
I’ve been at the grocery store A LOT lately. Grocery shopping is a weekly highlight for me because, living on the edge is my jam. Some people like to shoe-shop, but I spend my weekends at the grocery store buying kale and chocolate. Shoe-shopping is my online gig.
I also have to tell you that in one of my recent grocery trips, I discovered those jars of minced garlic. Pre-minced garlic, people! I know, I’m a little behind the times and maybe a little lazy in that I don’t like to spend a minute chopping garlic and having garlicky smelly fingers, so this new discovery was a huge outstanding moment for me.
Also in the good-news bucket, I used the pre-minced garlic in this recipe and I saved 2 minutes of chopping time + hands that didn’t smell like garlic for 3 days.
By the way, thanks for letting me tell you these non-important things. And thanks for listening.
I hope you’ll make this Baked Garlic Butter Chicken as soon as you get to your kitchen! And I hope you’ll love it!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE BAKED GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN
Super quick, easy and SO delicious Garlic Butter Chicken with fresh rosemary and cheese. The perfect one pan chicken dinner for a weeknight!
- 4 (16-ounces) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 stick (1/2-cup) butter*
- 6 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup Shredded Reduced Fat 4-Cheese Italian
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with a pat of butter.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; arrange chicken in a single layer in prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Add butter to a skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring very frequently. DO NOT burn the garlic.
- Stir in the rosemary and remove from heat.
- Pour the prepared garlic butter over the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes, or until chicken's internal temperature is 165F.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand a couple minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates; spoon a little bit of the garlic butter sauce over the chicken and serve.
*Though we're using an entire stick of butter for the sauce, we're only ingesting about 1/2-tablespoon of the butter per serving.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints: 8
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy