This One-Pot Lemon Chicken and Potatoes recipe is an easy, amazingly flavored dish with lemon chicken, veggies, and potatoes is a complete meal made all in one pot!
AN EASY ONE-POT CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE
Chicken And Potatoes all made in just one pot for an easy weeknight dinner everyone will love! The addition of fresh lemon to our simple marinade makes this baked dish taste fresh, bright and delicious!
Hello, my friends! How are you?!
ME, you ask? How am I?! I AM terrified of the freezing-cold that currently lives outside my door. Sometimes, I wish I could tell you that I enjoyed the snow and my winter white coat, but that kinda romance does not live around here. Yoga pants and hoodies [indoors] are pretty much rockin’ my world right now.
On the plus side? We get to enjoy home cooked meals erryday! Our rotation goes a little somethin’ like this; chicken, pasta, pasta, chicken, pasta, soup, LEMON chicken and potatoes. Predictability is my bestie.
WHAT GOES INTO THIS CHICKEN AND POTATOES RECIPE?
This is a fresh, flavorful, and healthy one pan meal prepared with marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs, potatoes, red onions, and bell peppers. This one pan supper couldn’t be simpler to pull together, and it’s a proven crowd-pleaser.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES
There is just something so wonderful about a lemony, golden chicken dinner that makes me go YAY!
- We will first make our marinade with lemon juice, olive oil, and some herbs. We will add the chicken to a ziploc bag with half of our marinade and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- When ready, we will brown our chicken thighs in a skillet, arrange the potatoes and veggies all around it, and drizzle the rest of the marinade over everything.
- Next, we will cover the pan and put it in the oven for about 35 minutes. When finished cooking, I advise to uncover and continue to cook for an additional 7-ish minutes, or until chicken and potatoes are golden in color.
- Remove from oven, transfer to plates, and serve with lemon wedges.
Without further ado, and please don’t make me beg, you need this recipe in your life! Print it, save it, take a snapshot of it… do whatever it takes for it to be your next meal.
SIMILAR CHICKEN RECIPES:
- SAUCY CHICKEN
- BEER-BATTERED YOGURT FRIED CHICKEN
- ONE PAN ROASTED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
- ONE PAN MAPLE MUSTARD CHICKEN AND POTATOES
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
One Pot Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 1 large red onion cut in wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- lemon wedges , for serving (optional)
FOR THE MARINADE
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Place chicken thighs and half of the marinade in a ziploc bag; close the bag and set in fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
FOR THE CHICKEN AND POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from ziploc bag; discard bag with marinade.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove skillet from heat and arrange potatoes, bell peppers, and onions around the chicken thighs; season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and veggies; gently stir to combine.
- Cover and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove cover and continue to bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until potatoes and chicken are golden in color.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving plates.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.