This One-Pot Lemon Chicken and Potatoes recipe is an easy, amazingly flavored dish with lemon chicken, veggies, and potatoes is a complete meal made all in one pot!
AN EASY ONE-POT CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE
Chicken And Potatoes all made in just one pot for an easy weeknight dinner everyone will love! The addition of fresh lemon to our simple marinade makes this baked dish taste fresh, bright and delicious!
Hello, my friends! How are you?!
ME, you ask? How am I?! I AM terrified of the freezing-cold that currently lives outside my door. Sometimes, I wish I could tell you that I enjoyed the snow and my winter white coat, but that kinda romance does not live around here. Yoga pants and hoodies [indoors] are pretty much rockin’ my world right now.
On the plus side? We get to enjoy home cooked meals erryday! Our rotation goes a little somethin’ like this; chicken, pasta, pasta, chicken, pasta, soup, LEMON chicken and potatoes. Predictability is my bestie.
WHAT GOES INTO THIS CHICKEN AND POTATOES RECIPE?
This is a fresh, flavorful, and healthy one pan meal prepared with marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs, potatoes, red onions, and bell peppers. This one pan supper couldn’t be simpler to pull together, and it’s a proven crowd-pleaser.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES
There is just something so wonderful about a lemony, golden chicken dinner that makes me go YAY!
- We will first make our marinade with lemon juice, olive oil, and some herbs. We will add the chicken to a ziploc bag with half of our marinade and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- When ready, we will brown our chicken thighs in a skillet, arrange the potatoes and veggies all around it, and drizzle the rest of the marinade over everything.
- Next, we will cover the pan and put it in the oven for about 35 minutes. When finished cooking, I advise to uncover and continue to cook for an additional 7-ish minutes, or until chicken and potatoes are golden in color.
- Remove from oven, transfer to plates, and serve with lemon wedges.
Without further ado, and please don’t make me beg, you need this recipe in your life! Print it, save it, take a snapshot of it… do whatever it takes for it to be your next meal.
SIMILAR CHICKEN RECIPES:
- SAUCY CHICKEN
- BEER-BATTERED YOGURT FRIED CHICKEN
- ONE PAN ROASTED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
- ONE PAN MAPLE MUSTARD CHICKEN AND POTATOES
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
One Pot Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 1 large red onion cut in wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- lemon wedges , for serving (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Place chicken thighs and half of the marinade in a ziploc bag; close the bag and set in fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from ziploc bag; discard bag with marinade.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove skillet from heat and arrange potatoes, bell peppers, and onions around the chicken thighs; season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and veggies; gently stir to combine.
- Cover and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove cover and continue to bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until potatoes and chicken are golden in color.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving plates.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
23 comments on “One Pot Lemon Chicken and Potatoes”
Hi! I love this recipe. Thank you for sharing it! Did you by any chance revise this recipe? I remember making something just like this a few years ago without the peppers and I don’t think it required any marinating. If that recipe is yours, could you share the original? Thanks so much!!
I too am looking for the older version of this recipe. It was one of my absolute favorites! Could you please share it with me?
Can you transfer this to a baking dish after cooking the chicken?
Yep, you definitely can! I just always try to buy skillets that are good for stovetop and oven so I have less pots and pans to clean. 😀
Since I am allergic to lemons, can I substitute limes?
Sure! As long as you like Lime Chicken, it should be ok. 🙂
mmm I love one pot meals and I could literally eat chicken every day! haha Love it!
I just love the way the potatoes suck up all of that yummy flavor. And the addition of rosemary is heavenly!
I have enjoyed making a couple of your one pot dinners and my family has thoroughly enjoyed them. This lemon and chicken recipe was delicious! the combination of flavors was perfect. I may try it with some chayote versus the potatoes. I cannot wait to try more recipes that are easy and take only a few ingredients. Works out great for a busy family to sit down to a good meal at the end of the day. Thank you!
Thank you so much, Shirley!! I am always trying to find new ways to cut down prep time and cooking time. It benefits us all. 😉 Have a wonderful weekend ahead!!
This looks delilghtful! I love lemon on chicken1
What a gorgeous meal! I’d love this any night!
I’m convinced that I need you to come make me dinner – this looks fab and what could be better than one pot?!
It doesn’t get much better than chicken, potatoes, and lemons all together in one comforting dish!
you are so right!! I love my chicken too and im pretty much always looking for new ways to add flavor and dinners to my table.
For me – it’s fleece and yoga pants with fuzzy slippers! I love lemon chicken any and every way! This look delicious!
LOVE one pot meals like this!! And I agree about the colds…and that is why I live in So Cal..haha Stay warm!
I’m allergic to beef and pork so we eat a lot of chicken. Needless to say, I’m always on the lookout for new chicken recipes! Thanks!
This looks so tasty!
Haha. You need to add some pizza into that rotation! Then it’d be exactly like mine. 🙂 And this dish?! Looove chicken and potatoes! Especially with lemon. 🙂
I love lemon on everything – this looks great!!!
I’ve got the same uniform on…but I’m in Florida 🙂 (It is definitely chillier than usual though.) Love this one pot meal and i’m definitely topping with a little Parm!
Did someone say yoga pants and hoodie? Yep, that’s the uniform that I’m wearing today. This recipe looks like something that needs to be on my table tonight!