This easy chicken breast recipe only needs one pan and is quick enough for weeknight dinner! Flavorful pan-fried chicken tossed with tender veggies and a delicious Ragú Traditional Sauce.
AN EASY SKILLET CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE
We all know the deal here. I like chicken.
And, I know. We talked about chicken a hot minute ago, but this one is saucy. And there’s vegetables in there, too.
See what I did there? I married the two and blessed them with sauce. Delish!
Back in the day, when I was a little girl, my duties in the kitchen included shelling walnuts, peeling roasted peppers, and licking the bowls, among other things.
I was fortunate – my mom cooked every meal and baked every cake. Kind of like what I’m doing these days for my kids. In my humble opinion, that’s super cool.
Naturally, my sister and I would sit around, trying to help Mom with mealtime, and drive her bananas, I’m sure.
That being said, family mealtime was very important to us. One of our favorite meals that Mom liked to make for us was this Saucy Chicken. She would chop up a bunch of veggies and chicken, then add a generous amount of Ragú to pull it all together.
As I remember it, this dish was literally finger-licking good. The addition of a delicious tomato sauce was brilliant. I say that because this recipe is so simple, so easy, yet SO tasty. It always takes just that one ingredient to take your food to the next level.
There’s a certain amount of comfort in that sauce. Ragú has the authentic Italian taste that family’s love, and there is always a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes with it.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12- ounces chicken breast , cubed
- 2 yellow onions , sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper , sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper , sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon freeze dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce (or any other pasta sauce)
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add all ingredients, except the Ragú Sauce, to the pan; cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in sauce and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, or until heated through.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.