Creamy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon – Roasted brussels sprouts with crispy bacon baked in a creamy cheese sauce.
Brussels sprouts and bacon baked in a delicious creamy sauce, and topped with melty cheese!
This recipe for baked Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is dedicated to anyone out there who is convinced that they don’t like brussels sprouts! I’m ’bout to change your mind, bud! You’ll see. You just have to try it, first.
Sidenote: Also, let me mention that I am using this Creamy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon to cause all that needed peace after our Chicago Bears forget to win.
In other news, tomorrow is a holiday celebrated every year on the fourth Thursday of November, also known as the delicious Thanksgiving!!
I plan to create a darn good feast for tomorrow, following My Thanksgiving Menu and adding these Brussels Sprouts with Bacon to the mix.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CHEESY BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON
- There’s some serious bacon love going on up in that skillet. It’s 8 slices of bacon diced up and cooked to a desired crispiness.
- In the meantime, we parboil our brussels sprouts to soften them up a bit, before adding them to the bacon-filled skillet.
- A creamy and cheesy sauce will also go into the skillet prepared with cream, parmesan cheese, and garlic.
- We will pop that skillet into the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until brussels sprouts are browned and sauce is bubbling.
I honestly thought I wasn’t going to do brussels sprouts this year, but who am I kidding! It’s my favorite veg!
Whenever I make this recipe, I get so impatient and I just wanna eat all of it as soon as it comes out of the oven. After all, there’s bacon in there, too. And cheese!
If you’re anything like yours truly and love the bacon, cheese and brussels sprouts medley, get on dis!
Apart from our delicious feast, I am also looking forward to being surrounded by loved ones, a turkey, mashed potatoes and pies. That’s really what I’m truly thankful for. …And this Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.. OH!! AND the roof over my head, my children, and my husband, too.
TO add one final thought: You are only bacon-and-cheese away from making this side dish your favorite one, yet. Top with a bit of shaved parmesan cheese and you have found a new LOVE!
MORE BRUSSELS SPROUTS:
- Garlic Brown Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- Creamy Dijon Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- One Skillet Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CHEESE AND BACON BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Roasted brussels sprouts with crispy bacon baked in a creamy cheese sauce.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts washed, dried
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup half and half (you can also use heavy whipping cream)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese , divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- crushed red pepper, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a large saucepan cook Brussels sprouts in salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until just tender; drain well.
In the meantime, cook bacon in a 10-inch cast iron skillet for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until desired crispness.
Add brussels sprouts to the skillet and continue to cook for 1 minute.
In a mixing bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, dijon mustard, half of the parmesan cheese, garlic salt, pepper, and nutmeg; mix until well combined.
Remove skillet from heat.
Pour cream sauce over the brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over brussels sprouts.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand several minutes.
Garnish with crushed red pepper and serve.
Inspired by BHG
WW SmartPoints: 10