These Crispy Sauteed Brussel Sprouts are buttery, garlicky, and topped with cheesy goodness! An easy brussel sprouts recipe prepared on the stovetop in just 15 minutes, this healthy side dish is perfect for weeknights and holidays alike.
MY FAVORITE CRISPY BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPE
Garlic + Butter pan-fried Brussel Sprouts are one of my favorite ways to enjoy these little cabbages. Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts are great, of course, but when I’m running out of time (and oven space!), sautéed Brussel Sprouts is the way I GO!
Super easy to make, these little guys are the perfect veggie side to add to any meal. The Brussels Sprouts soak up the delicious garlic and butter flavors while cooking to create a flavorful caramelized vegetable dish.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY SAUTEED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- First, you will want to trim the Brussel sprouts on both ends and remove the top layer of leaves; discard.
- Then, for this recipe, cut the Brussel sprouts in half, lengthwise.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in an oven-safe skillet and add the Brussel sprouts, cut-side down in one single layer. Season with salt and pepper and cook undisturbed over medium heat for 4 minutes, or until they’ve browned on the bottom.
- Flip over the Brussel sprouts; add butter plus minced garlic and stir around. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until crisp-tender. Note that bigger Brussel sprouts will take a bit longer to cook through.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella cheese and broil for couple minutes, or until cheese is melted. You can definitely use a different cheese like, Gruyere or even Provolone. I like to use shredded Mozzarella because it’s something I always have on hand.
- Remove from oven and serve.
WHY THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO COOK BRUSSEL SPROUTS
This is the absolute best way to cook Brussels sprouts. Pan-searing caramelizes the outside and yields perfect crisp-tender texture on the inside.
Look for Brussels sprouts that are similar in size, and no bigger than 1.5-inches in diameter, at the most. The smaller ones are always sweeter and they cook faster, too. 😃
The hardest part about these Brussels sprouts is not eating them all, straight from the pan. Been there, done that, and will never regret it.
MORE BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPES
- Creamy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Instant Pot Creamy Brussels Sprouts
- Maple Glazed Roasted Butternut Squash with Brussels Sprouts
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BRUSSEL SPROUTS
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Crispy, buttery, garlicky, and cheesy Brussel Sprouts prepared on the stovetop in just 15 minutes! These deliciously sautéed Brussel Sprouts are an easy and healthy side dish that are quick to make and require only 5 ingredients.
- 1 pound Brussel Sprouts, cut in half lengthwise (try to get Brussel sprouts that are around 1-1/2 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Turn oven to broil OR preheat oven to at least 450˚F.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
Add Brussel sprouts to the skillet, cut side down in a single layer, and cook, undisturbed, for 4 minutes.
Using a pair of tongs, flip over the sprouts; add remaining butter and stir in garlic.
Continue to cook for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Put under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 5
NET CARBS: 8
HOW TO STORE COOKED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Place completely cooled Brussels sprouts in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.