Homemade Taco Seasoning – An easy recipe for Homemade Taco Seasoning prepared with a delicious and flavorful blend of spices and herbs you already have on hand.
Prepared with bold, warm flavors and spiced up to your liking, this Homemade Taco Seasoning is preservative-free, gluten-free, Keto, Low Carb, and all natural. Make a big batch and you will never run out of taco seasoning, again. But if you do, you’ll now know how to make your own. 🙌
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
A simple combo of zesty spices create a perfectly flavored Taco Seasoning:
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Mix it all together and VOILA!
One batch of this Homemade Taco Seasoning is equal to about two store-bought packets, but it’s also packed with much more flavor and freshness.
- The pepper flakes are enough for us, BUT if you like a little more heat, I suggest to stir in a bit of cayenne pepper. Start with mixing in about 1/8 of a teaspoon, taste, and decide if you want more.
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE TACO MIX
- Stir to combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container or spice jars for up to 3 months.
MORE HOMEMADE SEASONINGS
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
An easy recipe for Homemade Taco Seasoning prepared with a delicious and flavorful blend of spices and herbs you already have on hand.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer prepared Taco Seasoning to an airtight container or a jar with a lid; store in a dark dry place.
- Keep for up to 3 months.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 0
One batch of this Homemade Taco Seasoning is equal to about two store-bought packets.