Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Pasta – Whole Grain Pasta tossed in a light and creamy sauce with broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes. Light, yet delicious!
Hey YOU! Happiest of Sundays, everyone! To those celebrating Easter, just like yours truly, HAPPY EASTER! CHRIST IS RISEN!
Today I am heading over to my Mom’s to feast on a leg of lamb, yogurt risotto and lamb, soup of lamb, and a Pavlova. All in that order.
I’m in charge of the salad so I’m bringing a big bowl of this Radish and Cucumber Salad with Garlic-Yogurt Sauce.
The other day I found English Cucumbers on sale for 70 cents each!! I was like, what the whaaaat? Gimme the whole box! Them things are always around buck-20.
So, I’m bringing that salad because I now have over 20 English Cucumbers to deal with. 😀
In other news, tell me: Are you tired of the same ole boring spaghetti? Are you feeling restless and worn out from the same ole routine of spaghetti and tomato sauce? Are you dreaming of a way to eat spaghetti without that jarred sauce? You’re certainly not alone! Imagine what it would be like to eat spaghetti tossed with broccoli AND sun-dried tomatoes! YAY!
I get excited about a lot of things in life, it’s in my nature to just be jumpy, but finally falling in love with whole grain spaghetti is beyond exciting to me. I like all the other whole grain/whole wheat pastas, but I just couldn’t do spaghetti. Until. Until I found the right fixins to go with them.
HEY! Broccoli is like the new cupcake. Besides, they’re good for our heart. Then, our beloved sun-dried tomatoes are rich in nutrients and they will add the sweetness and needed acidity to the sauce. Trust me, it works. AND it’s delicious!
Take it, love it, run with it!
Now, I gotta go and do some egg tapping with our Easter Eggs! I HOPE I WIN!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Pasta
- 12- ounces whole grain spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine (use your favorite)
- 1 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese , for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Don't burn it.
- Add broccoli and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and wine; bring to a boil.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil and Italian Seasoning; reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 to 12 minutes, or until liquid is reduced.
- Remove cover and stir in milk and heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover; continue to cook for 2 minutes or until sauce is reduced.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain spaghetti and add to broccoli mixture; toss together until well combined.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.