This easy Grilled Asparagus Recipe is made with a zesty lemon dressing and served with crumbled feta cheese. It’s a healthy side dish you can make in just 10 minutes!
If looking for something even simpler, grab this recipe for How To Cook Asparagus on the Grill.
A Simple Grilled Asparagus Recipe
Everyone loves an easy grilling recipe, especially when it’s healthy, yet really delicious. This grilled asparagus with lemon dressing comes together with just 6 ingredients and it makes a great side dish for burgers, grilled chicken, plus tons of other main dishes.
This healthy recipe will have the pickiest eaters asking for another helping!
- Olive Oil
- Lemon: You’ll need to juice one lemon to make your dressing.
- Feta Cheese: Crumble some fresh feta over your asparagus to add the perfect finishing touch.
How to Trim Asparagus
- Before you start grilling, take a few minutes to trim the edges off of your asparagus stalks. Simply cut off the tough ends at the base of your asparagus with a sharp knife.
- If you’re not sure where to slice, bend one of your stalks with one hand on the tough edge and your other hand holding the middle of the stalk. It should bend or snap off in the area where the hard end meets the tender part of the stalk. Cut each stalk in that same area to remove the tough portion from your asparagus.
How to Make Grilled Asparagus
- Heat up Your Grill: Preheat an outdoor grill to 425˚F.
- Trim Asparagus: Trim the asparagus and toss it with ½ tablespoon olive oil.
- Cook: Transfer your asparagus to the grill, positioning diagonally over the grill grates and directly over the heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender-crisp and slightly charred. Make sure to flip over the asparagus as it cooks.
- Remove from Heat: Remove cooked asparagus from the grill and transfer it to a platter; set aside.
- Make Dressing: Take the remaining olive oil and pour it into a mixing bowl. Whisk in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Assemble & Serve: Drizzle lemon dressing over the prepared asparagus, then top with crumbled feta. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Grilled Asparagus
- Turn Stalks as They Grill: Be sure to flip over the asparagus while it’s grilling so that it cooks evenly and chars all around.
- Preheat Grill Completely: You want to cook your asparagus over direct heat so it gets crispy on the outside while remaining tender on the inside. Make sure your grill is fully preheated before you start grilling.
- Use Fresh Asparagus: When shopping for asparagus, make sure to choose bright green stalks. The tips should be tightly shut.
- Don’t Overcook: Your asparagus shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to cook. Keep an eye on your stalks to make sure you don’t overcook them.
- Pork Chops: I love making this asparagus with my tender Grilled Pork Chops. They’re marinated to perfection with a tasty honey soy sauce.
- Kebabs: If you want a quick & easy recipe to go along with this simple side dish, pair it with my Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers! These chicken kebabs are meaty and full of flavor.
- Steak: Pair your grilled asparagus with this easy Jack Daniel’s Grilled Steak for a hearty dinner.
- Eggplant Parmesan: Need a meatless main dish? Try serving your asparagus with my easy Eggplant Parmesan!
How to Store and Reheat Cooked Asparagus
- To store your asparagus, keep it in a covered container or airtight bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you want it to last longer, wrap the ends of your stalks in a damp paper towel.
- The best way to reheat your asparagus is to rehydrate it with some olive oil and wrap it in foil before reheating. Leave a small amount of air in the foil when you wrap it up and reheat it on the grill or in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
More Asparagus Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Grilled Asparagus with Lemon
- 1 pound asparagus stalks, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 425˚F.
- Trim the asparagus and toss with ½ tablespoon olive oil.
- Transfer asparagus to the grill, positioning diagonally over the grill grates and directly over the heat.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender crisp and slightly charred. Make sure to flip over the asparagus so it gets charred all around.
- Remove cooked asparagus from grill and transfer to a platter; set aside.
- Take the remaining olive oil and pour it into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Drizzle lemon dressing over the prepared asparagus and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.