This Honey Soy Grilled Pork Chops recipe makes incredibly juicy pork chops marinated in a honey soy sauce mixture, and then grilled to tender perfection!
Juicy Grilled Pork Chops with the Best Marinade!
These sticky Honey Soy Grilled Pork Chops are an easy dinner that comes together really quickly. Plus about an hour of marinating time – which will give you time to get some simple side dishes together!
Growing up, I only knew of my mom’s super tender salt-and-pepper pork chops, but as I got older, my taste buds began to crave more exotic, bold flavors, at which point I took over the grill and introduced everyone to honey soy pork chops.
All that really goes into these juicy chops is a quick whisk of honey and soy sauce, but they’re kinda life-changing! Well, maybe that’s a little extreme, but you get my drift. 🙂
Wondering what else goes into these tasty pork chops? Here’s a full list of what you’ll need:
- Pork Chops: I generally use 6 to 8 boneless pork chops, about 4 ounces each, for this recipe.
- Seasoning: Salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste).
- Marinade: This marinade is a combination of organic honey, low sodium soy sauce, vegetable oil, and white vinegar.
How to Make Honey Soy Grilled Pork Chops
These pork chops are a breeze to organize. Once you season them and create the honey-soy sauce, all you have to do is let them marinate for a little bit, put them on the grill, and then you’re basically done! You can even prepare the marinade ahead of time if you want to, so that you save time later.
- Season the Pork Chops: Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper and place in a large resealable bag.
- Combine Ingredients for the Marinade: In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, oil, and white vinegar; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Marinate the Pork Chops: Add the prepared honey mixture to the pork chops; seal the bag and let stand 1 hour. When ready to cook, preheat the grill.
- Grill the Pork Chops: Remove the pork chops from the bag and place on the grill; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the pork chop easily releases from the grill. Flip and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145F to 160F.
- You can also make these pork chops in a grill pan set over medium-high heat, or a nonstick skillet.
At What Temperature is the Pork Done?
- You want the pork to have an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. At this temperature you can be sure that the pork is cooked through and safe to eat, but it will still turn out juicy and tender. Please use a meat thermometer to check your meat as it cooks.
Tips for the Best Pork Chops
Looking at all of these tender pork chops is enough to make the mouth start watering! Here are a couple of quick tips before you begin grilling:
- Bone In vs Boneless Pork Chops: You can use either for this recipe – I prefer to use boneless so that you don’t have to cut or eat around the bone. Also, bone-in chops will take longer to cook through; just keep your thermometer handy to check for doneness.
- Marinating Time for the Pork Chops: The pork chops should marinate for at least an hour, but if you have time to let them sit for a couple more hours, the flavors will be better because they’ll have more time to set into the meat.
- Don’t Cut into Your Meat While It’s Cooking: This will let the juices out, so try to avoid doing that and use a meat thermometer instead! Clearly, I’m a big fan of thermometers. 😬
- Be Careful with the Marinade: Sugar – found in the honey – can burn on the grill, so watch the heat level and your meat carefully.
Grilled pork chops are a classic summer dish and here are some classic sides to go with them!
- Corn: What could go better with grilled pork chops than corn on the cob? This recipe for Elote (Mexican Street Corn) is one of my favorites!
- Salad: Anything from your standard leafy green salad, to something like this Radish Cucumber Tomato Salad.
- Green Beans: These Roasted Green Beans with parmesan cheese are my favorite, but any roasted vegetables will go well with these pork chops.
- Potatoes: Potatoes in Foil are SO GREAT, as is this healthy Creamy Mashed Cauliflower!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- You can store these pork chops in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- When you want to reheat them, put the pork chops on a tray, cover them with aluminum foil, and bake them for about 10 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can I Freeze Extras?
- Sure! Place the pork chops in an airtight container or a couple layers of tight plastic wrap, and freeze for 1-2 months. Make sure to let the pork chops thaw in the fridge overnight before eating again.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Honey Soy Grilled Pork Chops
- 6 to 8 boneless pork chops, about 4 ounces each
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper and place in a large resealable bag.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, oil, and white vinegar; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the prepared honey mixture to the pork chops; seal the bag and let stand 1 hour. Or put in the fridge for couple hours longer.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill.
- Remove the pork chops from the bag, shake off excess liquid, and place on the hot grill; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the pork chop easily releases from the grill.
- Flip and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145˚F to 155˚F.
- You can also make these pork chops in a grill pan set over medium-high heat, or use a nonstick skillet.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
More Pork Recipes to Try
If you’re a fan of easy pork recipes, check out the following:
38 comments on “Honey Soy Grilled Pork Chops”
My Son now 28 has never liked pork chops,I came across your recipe gave it a try . Joshua loved them he had two that night for dinner.
It’s now the only pork chop recipe I use. Thank you so much
That’s great to hear! I am very glad you and your family enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
I am drooling over these pork chops. It’s a must make recipe for sure!
I hope you enjoy it! Thank YOU! 🙂
This Honey Soy Grilled Pork Chops looks incredibly appetizing!
Thank YOU! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Not only are these delicious (that marinate is ohh ahh to die for!!) but the texture was SPOT on! Grilling pork chops is the way to go now that our weather is getting so beautiful outside. Thanks for this awesome and winning recipe!
I am very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
Yum! This looks so delicious and tasty! My family is going to absolutely love this! Definitely making this tomorrow night!
Thank you so much! I hope you and your family enjoy it! 🙂
That marinade makes the pork so delicious!
Thank YOU! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Such a great mix of flavors, everyone in the family loved these pork chops!
I am very glad you enjoy it! Thank YOU! 🙂