Garlic, thyme, and rosemary make this grilled potatoes in foil recipe so delicious. The grill gives them just the right amount of crispness and an irresistible smoky flavor.
Garlicky, tender and super flavorful grilled potatoes in foil. Delicious addition to any summer cookout meal.
These grilled potatoes are just the best. Honestly. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t really care for potatoes. Not even French Fries. Well, unless they are my Oven Baked Seasoned French Fries… I can finish off a batch of those in about 2.2 minutes.
But, yeah. I do the happy dance when these Garlic Herb Grilled Potatoes in Foil appear on the menu. Okay, I set the menu, so it’s no accident, but whatevs. Just remember that, I.am.woman. ‘Nuff said. But, also: I.am.mom. I.am.wife. I.am.cook. Obvi, the menu is my domain.
Have you ever made potatoes in foil and on the grill? It’s SO simple! And! and! Like, nearly zero clean-up. Check it:
How to Grill Potatoes in Foil
- Combine potatoes and herbs in a large bowl.
- Arrange the potatoes on a large piece of foil and fold the edges to make a packet.
- Place the packets on the grill and cover. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Take off the grill and serve.
- Use smaller new potatoes to maximize texture. I use small Yukon gold potatoes.
- This potato recipe is very versatile. You can use simple flavor additions or swaps like lemon, different seasonings, shallots, onions, and so on.
- The potato packets can also be prepared in the oven at 425F for about 15 to 20 minutes.
So easy and simple, right? Charred, smoky flavor, near endless flavor possibilities, and very yummy. Me thinks these will be great for a camp dinner, as well.
WANT MORE POTATOE RECIPES?
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
A good dose of garlic, thyme, and rosemary make these potatoes that much more delicious, and the grill gives them just the right amount of crispness and a delicious smoky flavor.
- 2 pounds mini Yukon gold potatoes, rinsed, dried, and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cut 4 large pieces of foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Divide potatoes between foil pieces.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the potatoes, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
Place foil packets on the grill and cook until tender, about 20 to 30 minutes, turning once. Pierce with a fork to check for doneness.
- Remove from grill and carefully open up each packet.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 7
- These potato packets can also be prepared in the oven at 425F for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork tender.