Classic American Cheeseburger Recipe – Bite into this delicious and juicy cheeseburger with melted American cheese, fresh tomato, crisp lettuce, onions and lean ground beef.
American cheese burgers are an all time favorite amongst burger eaters and today we are going to learn how to make the Classic American Cheeseburger.
How amazing is this weather, by the way? FINALLY! I am so thrilled to finally be able to go outside, fire up the grill, and enjoy a classic barbecue meal in our backyard.
I have to admit one thing, though. THIS is one of the most satisfying foods I’ve made in a loooooong time. Nothing – seriously – NOTHING beats a Classic American Cheeseburger. With Fries. Finger-licking good food!
I think it’s safe to say that we all love burgers, but every region, and most likely, every family has their own recipe for the “best burger, ever!”. This happens to be mine. This is the burger that keeps everyone coming back to my backyard.
WHAT IS A CLASSIC AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER
When I was invited to join Private Selection’s campaign for Burger Nation “Make Your Grill Mark on the Nation”, I knew I was going to pull out my “Best Burger, EVER” recipe and make MY Grill Mark on the Nation.
What makes my burger so special? Is that your question? Makin’ it from scratch and keepin’ it fresh. That’s my secret. Fresh, quality ground beef, fresh tomatoes, garlic, onions, awesome buns, and some good ol’ condiments to pull it all together.
But. Would you look at it. Rich, juicy, colorful, tall… it’s a-mayyyy-zing.
Private Selection and the Kroger Family of stores invites everyone to share the endless possibilities of toppings and tastes that the Private Selection “Burger Nation” has to offer. Private Selection is made for the food enthusiast in us all, with its rich collection of artisan-inspired offerings and gourmet ingredients.
With every recipe that you submit, you will get a coupon for one free Mason Jar Dessert. Moreover, as part of the Burger Nation Sweepstakes, Kroger is also offering one lucky winner a chance to win a brand new Weber Summit E-670 Gas Grill! Be sure to click over and ENTER! Burger Nation Sweepstakes. Please check out the Official Rules at the bottom of this post. You can also Like Private Selection® on Facebook and Follow Private Selection® on Pinterest. If you want to visit your local Kroger, or its family of stores, please head to this link for a Store Locator.
Classic American Cheeseburger
- 1- pound 98% lean ground beef
- 1/2- cup finely diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2- cup breadcrumbs
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 8 American Cheese slices
- 4 hamburger buns
- tomato slices
- red onion sliced
- lettuce leaves
- Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and egg; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide mixture into four equal portions; shape into a patty about 4 inches wide.
- Preheat gas grill.
- Lay burgers on gas grill; close lid.
- Cook burgers, turning once, until browned on both sides and no longer pink inside, about 7 minutes.
- Top with 1 cheese slice and continue to cook for 1 minute, or until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove from grill.
- Lay buns, cut side down, on grill and cook until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on bun bottoms.
- Top with remaining cheese slices.
- Add lettuce, tomato, burger patty, and red onion.
- Cover with bun-tops and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.