Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad is a medley of fresh strawberries, diced avocados, and tender bow-tie pasta, all coated in a luscious balsamic glaze, making this salad a refreshing and satisfying treat for any occasion.
Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is a vibrant and refreshing dish that mixes delicious flavors and textures. The salad features cooked pasta, which serves as the hearty base, and is then combined with an assortment of fresh ingredients to create an exceptional blend of tastes.
The star ingredients of this salad are the strawberries and avocados. The strawberries add a burst of sweetness and a delightful pop of color, while the avocados contribute a rich, creamy texture and a subtle buttery flavor. The combination of these fruits with the pasta creates a unique and delicious contrast.
The salad is then dressed with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze to create a creamy and tangy coating. The olive oil adds a smooth texture, while the balsamic glaze contributes a tangy and slightly sweet taste.
And to think that I used to not even like sweet and salty together. What was wrong with me?! Blame it on adolescence. ?
How To Make Strawberry Pasta Salad
- Cook the bow tie pasta according to package instructions, then drain and let it cool.
- Arrange fresh salad greens on a serving platter or in a salad bowl.
- Add halved strawberries and diced avocados to the salad greens.
- Once the pasta has cooled, add it to the salad and sprinkle chopped fresh mint for a refreshing flavor.
- Season the salad with salt, pepper, and poppy seeds for taste and texture.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze over the ingredients for a creamy and tangy coating.
- Gently toss all the ingredients together using salad tongs or forks for even distribution.
- Serve the Pasta Salad immediately for the best taste and texture.
One taste, and you’ll agree that the result is a refreshing and satisfying salad perfect for warm weather gatherings, picnics, or a light and flavorful meal. To a salad junkie like myself, this is beyond divine.
If you are a person who likes super layered salads, please, make this. And please make this in the world’s largest salad bowl and double it because it needs to be shared at your very next party. Or share this other favorite – my Apples and Bacon Salad with Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette. LOves IT!
Pasta Salad Tips and Variations
- Customize and make it your own: The recipe allows for customization based on personal preferences or dietary restrictions. You can add additional vegetables like cherry tomatoes or cucumber slices to enhance the freshness. Adding crumbled feta cheese or toasted nuts can provide extra texture and flavor.
- Recipe variations: Feel free to experiment with the ingredients and flavors. For example, you can substitute the balsamic glaze with a citrus vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing for a different twist. Adding grilled blackened chicken, grilled turkey burgers, or shrimp scampi can turn the salad into a full meal.
- Serving suggestions: The salad can be enjoyed as a standalone dish for a light lunch or dinner. Alternatively, it pairs well with chicken, steak, or seafood, making it a versatile side dish for barbecues or summer gatherings.
- Make-ahead option: If you want to prepare the salad in advance, it is recommended to store the dressing separately and toss it with the salad just before serving. This helps to maintain the crispness of the salad greens and prevent them from becoming soggy.
- Storage instructions: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. However, keep in mind that the texture of the avocado may change slightly upon refrigeration.
Also noteworthy is the fact that it all goes together so darn perfectly. Strawberries and avocados are an awesome match, and there’s just enough glaze to keep you happy without making it too wet and soupy, which is important because I know you guys like your dressing. You ain’t alone.
More Pasta Salads To Try
Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
- 1 pound dry bow tie pasta, cooked according to the directions on the package
- 4 to 6 cups packed torn salad greens
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- ¼ cup Balsamic Glaze
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and immediately rinse it with cold water to cool it off and stop the pasta from cooking.
- Add the cold pasta to a salad bowl; toss the pasta with salad greens, strawberries, avocado, and fresh mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the poppy seeds with the balsamic glaze and extra virgin olive oil; whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss it all together until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Cook the pasta until al dente for a firm texture.
- Choose ripe avocados for a creamy texture.
- Rinse and dry salad greens thoroughly to keep them fresh.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt, pepper, and poppy seeds.
- Generously drizzle balsamic glaze for tangy sweetness.
- Gently toss the ingredients for even distribution.
- Serve the salad immediately for the best flavor and texture.
- Get creative by adding your favorite ingredients or trying different dressings.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.