Mediterranean Tortellini Salad is an easy and delicious cold pasta salad made with tortellini, olives, red peppers, and feta cheese.
Happy Sunday, gang! Wusssup?!
Are you a morning person? ‘Cause I totally AM! I love to wake up around 5-ish and get all my chores done before 9-ish. The problem? For the life of me, I can’t wake up at 5-ish! And nothing gets done before 9…p.m.-ish. So, that’s that. Don’t judge.
Now, if you’re like me, you probably have a list of to-do things each and every day. However, those things take a back seat when, say, your mom calls and puts in an “order” for your Crispy Potato Skins and a tub of your Mediterranean Tortellini Salad. I also overheard that she had ribs on the grill and a homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Cake to go with it. SCORE!
BUT, I wasn’t too excited about slaving over a couple of potatoes and some tortellini on a Wednesday afternoon. I have MUCH more important things to do in the middle of the day. Like, watch Real Housewives reruns on Bravo and flip over to Wolf Blitzer to see what’s up in news-land. I also have to make time for Extra and E!News. Then there’s the kids… so… It’s just how I roll, you know?
KIDDING! I LOVE to cook and bake. It’s what I do! Also?? Potatoes and pasta??? HELLO! Have we met?!
Truth is, I was excited to get started and more excited about digging in couple hours later. And, of course, the whole sharing dinner with the family thing… it’s a thing we like to do quite often. Blessed to be able to do so.
So yeah. I really like pasta salads. My husband, not so much. He LOVES pasta, and would marry it if he could, but not cold pasta. I blame it on his toddler-palate. SO picky!
Speaking of good. Four Cheese Tortellini. That’s some goooood stuff. It makes an appearance in this colorful salad, and the taste and texture were meant to swim in the same waters as olives and feta. It’s perfect. It’s a little spicy, but it’s addicting. AND fabulous!
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen four-cheese tortellini
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers , chopped (I use Mezzetta )
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes , or to taste
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 cup spaghetti/tomato sauce
- 4 basil leaves , thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse; let completely cool.
- In a serving bowl, combine cooked tortellini, chopped red peppers, green olives, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and tomato sauce; stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add ribbons of basil leaves over salad.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Serve cold.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD This salad can be made 1 to 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.