Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad with Homemade Light Caesar Dressing – Crunchy and creamy classic caesar salad tossed with juicy grilled shrimp, garlic croutons, and a lightened-up, homemade caesar salad dressing made without egg yolks!
Well, you could certainly do one thing right now, and that would be to thaw that bag of shrimp hiding in the freezer and make this awesome caesar salad, stat!
Guess what else? HAPPY SUNDAY! My plan for today is to NOT do the laundry, and to watch my other half cut the grass while I relax on the porch, getting my tan-on. Cheers to Sundays!
… now if I could just find 20 minutes for a quick catnap, this will be the best Sunday of ever!
So I realize that normal people have hobbies like traveling, or collecting baseball cards, or even scrapbooking… My hobby? Trying to make a copycat recipe of every restaurant food I have ever had. General Tso’s Chicken, P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef, and Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte, to name a few.
But, I was recently reminded of my very first time at Red Lobster some years ago, and their Shrimp Caesar Salad. I remember I wanted to play it safe, and before giving into their lobster-stuff, I went with my then favorite Caesar Salad topped with their incredible shrimp. That was my first and last time having that salad at their restaurant because, well, my hobby and all.
Admittedly, back then I made it at home with store-bought Caesar dressing, the kind that says “0” calories, yet you wouldn’t eat it even if it guaranteed a 20 pound weight loss in 5 minutes? You know that one. Ugh. That was one ugly dressing. I digress. Sorry!
Long story short – I grew
older up, learned how to cook all-the-things (almost), including making my own salad dressings, and here we are discussing a homemade Caesar Salad Dressing and grilled shrimp and salad and life. Lucky US!
Also? Can we talk about how grilled shrimp belong everywhere? On every plate? Especially in the summer? They are the easiest, fastest things to prepare, and are just so darn delicious!
In this salad concoction, big jumbo lemony shrimp are tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper. Once they’re cooked – which takes all of 4 minutes – we toss them into a sea of romaine lettuce, big garlic croutons, a bit of parm cheese and the salad dressing that brings it all together. Easy peasy shrimpy squeezy!!
This caesar salad is entirely satisfying, and since big salads are meant to be shared, call the neighbors over, have a pool party, and serve that salad.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh new content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad with Homemade Light Caesar Dressing (NO YOLKS!)
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups Garlic Croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 24 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2- cup Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons water (if you prefer a thinner consistency, add more water)
- In a large salad bowl combine chopped lettuce and croutons. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp to grill pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- You can also prepare the shrimp on an outdoor grill
- Remove shrimp from pan and toss with lemon juice; transfer to prepared salad.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Drizzle salad dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
5 comments on “Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad with Homemade Light Caesar Dressing (NO YOLKS!)”
I made this tonight and OMG so very delicious!!! We loved your dressing, the flavor was terrific. Thank you!!!
This looks like the perfect summer salad! Love that the dressing is yolk free as I’m a worry wort about that kind of stuff!
I absolutely love this simple salad. I’m all for watching the grass grow and laundry pile up. There’s always tomorrow, right?
Ahhhh I love Caesar dressing- One of the best things to discover in America (it’s pretty much MIA in Australia) and the fact that it’s lightened up means I can douse my salad in it! Cheers!
we have either a shrimp or salmon Caesar for dinner once a week in the summer – SO good, and I love your lighter dressing