Tender and juicy, perfectly baked chicken breasts! One of my favorite chicken recipes and the ONLY method you will need for making baked chicken.
How to make juicy and tender oven baked chicken breasts with just one simple method!
You heard that right: The one and ONLY method you will need for baked chicken.
I have used this recipe for perfectly baked chicken time and time again, all with different seasonings and flavors, and it has YET to disappoint. It’s so tender and so juicy that you will most likely come on over here and thank me for sharing this little secret of a method. Maybe?
By the way, HI, friends! Are you feeeeeling it? The little bit of January-nano-second-extra-daylight? Sun goes down at 4:18 p.m. now instead of 4:17.6 p.m.! High-Fives, everybody! Spring is NEAR!
Nah, I know we have a couple months left of this dreary sleepy weather, but the one thing that I DO like about winter is all the cooking I can do. I am way too cold to go out there so I just sit in my kitchen and draft up recipes.
Then, I test them, then we eat them, then I make them again, photograph them, AND finally I get to share them with you in my little space here.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE PERFECT BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
Today I am going to show you how to make the most perfect baked chicken breasts. All it involves is; butter, parchment paper, seasonings, fork, and a knife. Fork and knife not needed until you’s are ready to eat ’em up.
What you see up there is 4 chicken breasts all topped with my choice of seasonings and pats of butter. However, all of that is not the secret to my method. The secret is:
My husband’s hands…
HOW TO BAKE CHICKEN BREASTS IN THE OVEN
The secret is in that parchment paper placed over the chicken breasts. Parchment paper prevents the chicken from drying out. In this way, the chicken bastes in its own juices and we end up with perfectly tender, juicy chicken breasts.
This is also why we all love those juicy “In-Foil Chicken Recipes“; they cook up inside foil packets in their own juices and always come out moist! Like so:
- Grilled Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables in Foil
- Italian Chicken and Vegetables in Foil
- Chicken and Rice Fajitas in Foil
But this time, instead of wrapping it all up inside foils, we’re just going to cover the chicken with parchment paper. This makes the chicken sweat while it bakes and the result is a juicier, tender chicken breast.
You can use this method and recipe pretty much any time that you need to bake up some chicken breasts. It’s a tried and true method, taught in culinary schools, and it works each time with whatever seasonings you wish to use.
SIMPLE CHICKEN SEASONING
My go to’s are:
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- and more garlic.
I’m pretty sure garlic is part of my DNA… or something like that.
HOW TO STORE COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Let the cooked chicken breasts cool completely.
- Refrigerate cooked chicken breasts in an airtight container, or wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Cooked chicken breasts will last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
HOW TO FREEZE COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Wrap cooked chicken breasts tightly in plastic wrap and add a layer of aluminum foil over the plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped chicken breasts in a freezer bag; seal the bag, pushing down on the bag to press out as much air as possible.
- Place the bag in the freezer toward the back where it is the coldest.
- When ready to use, remove from freezer and set in the fridge overnight to thaw out.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
- Garlic Yogurt Baked Chicken
- Baked Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes
- Baked Garlic Butter Chicken
- Italian Chicken and Vegetables In Foil
- Juicy Stove Top Chicken Breasts
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE EASY BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
Tender and juicy, perfectly baked chicken breasts! The one and ONLY method and recipe you will need for baked chicken.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 (1 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (washed, dried, and trimmed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut up into 4 pats
- parchment paper
Preheat oven to 400F.
Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Arrange chicken breasts in baking dish and rub in the minced garlic over each chicken breast.
Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and Italian seasoning.
Place a pat of butter over each chicken breast.
Place a sheet of parchment paper over the chicken breasts. Tuck the edges so that it's snug around the chicken.
Bake for 30 to 33 minutes, or until chicken's internal temperature reaches 165F.
Serve right away OR remove from baking dish; let completely cool and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
WW Freestyle Smart Points: 1